Thread: My little Hoodini Cat

My little Hoodini Cat

My boy is getting SO big, yet he is still very skittish aournd hoomns. Since I've been home (on bed rest blah ) I've been trying to work with him to make him understand that all people aren't mean and that he isn't going to get hurt by being around people. I know he LOVES attention because when I manage to pet him he purrs up a storm and every once in a while I can pick him up and he cuddles with me. The last couple of days, I've noticed that he'll follow me, cautiously of course lol but he still follows. If I am quiet and speak gently to him he'll roll on his back and I can pet his belly. Today he even played with me

I just had to post as I am happy that he is finally learning to trust me. He is fine around the other cats (he isn't intimidated at all, go figure). I hope someday he'll at least learn to trust hubby but if he decides he just wants to be a one person kitty, thats ok too.

Anyone else have a cat that acts perfectly happy with other cats but just is terified of people? How did you get the kitty to trust you?

I'm glad to hear that he's coming around and becoming more friendly towards you. Both my Starr and Ziggy are very afraid of most people and Ziggy will hide. They both love me so it's never been a problem for me to pick them up or pet them. Starr does love his holistic vet though and will act all goofy and content around her just like he does at home with me. I hope that things continue to improve with Hoodini. Good luck.

That is sooo nice!

Do you have a pic of little Hoodini? Is he a foster?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

This is when we first got him, no new pix because the flashy box I WAS borrowing is no longer available

He was going to be a foster originally but he gets along so well with the other cats (and gets them up and moving around) that we decided to keep him. I guess I should update my signature eventually lol.

I love my little shy guy. Him and Remus are really good friends, and both are my heart cats. Hubby says he'll live with cuddling with the black demons (Spook and Onyx) as they are both most assuredly attached to HIM lol.

Aw! I am SO excited to meet you and Onyx, little Hoody! It'll be great to see everyone again!

Here are two who love each other, but even with Janice the Meals on Wheels Lady , they tend to sit back and watch carefully. Joseph, Michael and even Precious are fine with her but the other Found Cats are very careful.

YOU CERTAINLY HAVE ONE HANDSOME CAT THERE!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS