Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the most embarassing thing that ever happened to you?

What's the most embarassing thing that ever happened to you?

A good laugh is never a bad thing, so I thought I'd start this thread! And above all, don't be shy

I've had alot of embarassing moments in my life, but the most recent would be when I was in a mall with my parents and boyfriend. I was going into a store and I didn't realize there was a glass door in the way. I walked right into the door and my poor glasses got even more messed up than they already were and I had a headache for the rest of the evening. And of course, it didn't make it any better that everyone was staring and chuckling!

Oki doki, that's my story! Anyone else?

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

How about just a recent embarrassment (have had so many at my age!!)

Last weekend I was at my husband's family picnic. The was a salad I have had before and enjoyed so I took some. I was sitting with my husband and his sister. I was asked (I don't remember by whom) "how's the salad?" "A little dry," I said, "it's like there isn't any dressing!"

My sister-in-law replied..."I made it. Maybe I should have mixed it better."

When she went to attend to it my husband asked how my foot tasted.

Needless to say....I ate ALOT more of that salad RAVING about the dressing!

Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 08-02-2002 at 02:00 PM.

Oh dear, where to begin?! lol

(I think I was in the 5-6th grade when this one happened) My family and I were visiting my Dad's Sister. My uncle was showing dad a newspaper clipping re: contestants for the Miss West Virginia pagent. I entered the room, snuck a peek over dad's shoulder, pointed to one contestant and said, "Well, we don't have to worry about her winning." My uncle replied, "That's my sister."

Years ago in my drinking days, my friend and I went to a bar after work for happy hour. We had just gotten our drinks from the bar and we were walking into the lounge to grab a table. My friend was walking ahead of me talking to me. Keep in mind the bar was dimly lit and the carpeting was all the same. We hadn't even starting drinking yet when *BOOM*! I didn't see the 3 steps coming up and landed on all fours (picture it, a woman in a business suit on all fours). Pam was babbling away to me when she turned around and I wasn't there. I was on the floor!! Talking about embarassing! I'm sure the patrons all thought I was a nutcase. I never went back there again.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh my...

About 6 months ago, I took all four of my kids (teenagers) to the store with me to do our weekly grocery shopping. Since they love to take control of the cart, I usually walk ahead of them, pulling the cart from the front to hurry them along as they beg for things they want.

I was talking on the phone to my husband, while browsing the cereal aisle. What I didn't know is that I had grabbed the wrong cart...one that was attached to a very nice lady and her baby, and had dragged them for an aisle and a half without anyone saying a word to me. My cart (still with my kids, of course) had fallen behind, and the kids were laughing hysterically at me while I apologized a lot to the poor lady I pulled around the store, and my face turned bright red.

I still don't know why someone didn't say something!

OMG these are so funny...

Mine would be ....
    At my church before sercive their is a girl who blows a shofar horn.. (it is a long horn made from a rams horn)... here is a picture.

(that is NOT the girl)

anyway the girl that usually does it asked me if I wanted to start blowing it for her because she will be busy doing something else with some new system we are using to put up the praise and worship songs.. I am pretty good at it so I said I would. That Sunday morning I was sooo nervous so she said she would blow it with me and I did o.k. but I just blamed it on the noise and my nerves.. that Sunday night I did it alone and I WAS TERRIBLE... If anyone has ever tried to blow any kind of horn or trumpet you know you have to put your lips together and kind of spit and if you do it right it will sound like a horn blow... well as soon as it was time to do it my mouth dried up like a bone and all I did was make this TERRIBLE loud spitting noise.. I felt soooooooo stupid.. I wanted to throw it down and hide in a deeeeep hole!! but I couldn't so I kept on trying and all I would do was make this loud spitting noise in front of all those people .. I WAS MORTIFIED!!
    Last edited by Sara luvs her Tinky; 08-02-2002 at 07:15 PM.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Originally posted by PJ's Mom
    Oh my...

About 6 months ago, I took all four of my kids (teenagers) to the store with me to do our weekly grocery shopping. Since they love to take control of the cart, I usually walk ahead of them, pulling the cart from the front to hurry them along as they beg for things they want.

I was talking on the phone to my husband, while browsing the cereal aisle. What I didn't know is that I had grabbed the wrong cart...one that was attached to a very nice lady and her baby, and had dragged them for an aisle and a half without anyone saying a word to me. My cart (still with my kids, of course) had fallen behind, and the kids were laughing hysterically at me while I apologized a lot to the poor lady I pulled around the store, and my face turned bright red.

I still don't know why someone didn't say something!

Yep We didn`t say a word!

I have a funny story and it's even pet-related. One day my son's friend came over. He grew up in a house without pets (imagine that?) and was never particularly enthused about my pets. As luck would have it, Ashley, my miniature poodle (now at RB) decided to throw up right at his feet. I mean she missed his shoe by about an inch! My son's friend was afraid to even look down at his feet! I did the fastest clean up I have ever done, apologizing profusely as I cleaned! LOL!

Yep. Rottieluver is my youngest.

Great Thread!

Here ya go again, Ann...posting up really creative and addictive threads! LOL LOL

Laughter IS the best medicine, and this is the perfect thread for some laughs! I've been chuckling over all of these here at my desk! I better keep it down though, lest I get caught on PT again and get in trouble...AGAIN!!

Anyway, where to begin! I have so many, but this one is a classic...ok

I was in the mall and I bumped into a high school aquaintence. Anyway, he had his younger sibling with him and as we chatted, I looked down and asked "Oh! Is this your brother??"...You know what he said?

He said..."No, this is my SISTER!!"

DO'H!!

Seriously, you can't tell these days! LOL LOL Next time I'm unsure, I'll be sure to ask "and, who's this?"...that way I'm covered...

Re: Great Thread!

Originally posted by wolflady

Seriously, you can't tell these days! LOL LOL
    Hey now my brother has cute curly hair and he gets called a girl all the time even by polie officers! LOL. Porr lil guy.

Well my embarresing moment was we went over to my brotehr's friends (Micah) house and Chewy was with us. Micah's mom was like O look at the puppy and asked to hold him well Cheyw got so exited he peed all over her new white shirt. My was that embarrising.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

LOL, great stories everyone!! I laughed so hard my eyes were all teary

And thanks wolflady

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

These are too funny. Thanks for starting the thread Ann. I'll have to think about this one for a while and get back to you.

This happened quite recently....
    I was out dancing at my favourite venue in Amsterdam and had just visited the ladies room.. my boyfriend had waited for me and as we were walking back upstairs I was talking excitedly about the music and people etc. and put my arm around his waist in a real cosy way (like you would only do with your boyfriend )
    ...a few seconds later someone tapped my shoulder and I looked around to see who was trying to get my attention.. I felt very confused when I saw my boyfriend behind me laughing really laud and looked next to me into the even more confused face of a guy I had never seen before!!!
    I was so shocked I couldn't say anything, but the guy didn't mind and we all had a laugh.
    The moral of this story is... always check if you have the right person before showing affection in public places...

Originally posted by Piglet
    This happened quite recently....
    I was out dancing at my favourite venue in Amsterdam and had just visited the ladies room.. my boyfriend had waited for me and as we were walking back upstairs I was talking excitedly about the music and people etc. and put my arm around his waist in a real cosy way (like you would only do with your boyfriend )
    ...a few seconds later someone tapped my shoulder and I looked around to see who was trying to get my attention.. I felt very confused when I saw my boyfriend behind me laughing really laud and looked next to me into the even more confused face of a guy I had never seen before!!!
    I was so shocked I couldn't say anything, but the guy didn't mind and we all had a laugh.
    The moral of this story is... always check if you have the right person before showing affection in public places...

LOL!