Thread: Update on a couple of kitties.

Update on a couple of kitties.

Vet day! (again)

1) Willow

Received his rabies shot and had his check up. Just a little tarter, we are going to try some dental diet food for him. He is 7 1/2 years old and 12 pounds. Still has his grade 3 heart murmur.

2) Fern

Received her rabies shot and had a check up. Also, just a little tarter, we will be trying the dental diet for he as well. She is 11years old now, and 7 pounds. She too has a slight heart murmur, but it is not new. Ve says she looks real good for her age.

3) Rutherford

Rabies and check up. The vet found a grade 3 heart murmur on his too! but he never had it so we are to keep a check on it. And I had felt some small lumps, right over his backbone. the vet wants me to keep a watch on these as well. He is 10 3/4 years old and just shy of 9 pounds. He is in great shape otherwise.

4) Bonnie

She has refused to eat her dry food for the last 2 days (an she will NOT eat canned), so I knew her mouth was hurting her (at least that was my assumption). So she went along for a depo injections. The last one she got (before her dental surgery) in July, helped her right away to feel better. She is 8 1/2 pounds and only 5 years old. Her teeth are good and there is no tarter, but her gums are red and inflammed.

That was today's trip.

But I also asked about Jasper who was in for diarrhea on 8-31. he has been on meds, and it helped firm up the poops BUT she is still doing it on the bed! I know this means he still does not feel well. So we are adding another medicine, prednisone, hoping it will help. I got to be honest though, he is reminding me very much of Lucas. I can tell that he just does not feel good. It's so sad.

Well, I guess that is all for today.

It never ends,does it.
    I hope Jasper starts feeling better soon now that his stools are firmer.Also hoping it's nothing serious.
    They have a great furmom.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Wow, that was a long day at the vet!

I'm really sorry to hear about Jasper and I hope the shot will help Bonnie.

Sounds like the others are maintaining well and hopefully those lumps on Rutherford aren't anything serious.

I didn't realize you had so many small in weight cats. Rutherford has always looked in pictures like he would be a 12+ pound boy. I know all the fur can be deceiving.

From Decker with Love

So now you have broken the bank, right? I'm glad that most of them are maintaining well! I hope poor Jasper's tummy troubles get better soon, and that Mommy and Daddy are able to quit sleeping under plastic again!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I am sorry to hear about all the Vet Trips that you have been going on Jen, I have had dental for 4 Cats already and now young Scrappy 2 looks as though she has some build up.
    I am a little nervous as I know my Cats are getting older and in the next few years may need operations.
    I pray I can take care of them as well as you have Your Friends, Jen.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Positive thoughts for Jasper.

Rutherford's weight was a surprise, I always thought he was a big cat!

I'm sorry to hear that Rutherford was also diagnosed with a heart murmur and I sure hope that the lumps aren't anything serious. He's always been one of my favorites. I'm also surprised that he's such a light weight. I expected him to be more like my Sky who's a little over 13lbs.

I also hope that Bonnie's gums improve and that she'll start eating her dry food again. Lots more prayers are going out to Jasper. I hope that the pred will help his diarrhea problems. It's helped Starr but now Starr's having another relapse so I feel your pain. I think that this time Starr's is due to stress.