Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladies, what do you use on your lips?

Ladies, what do you use on your lips?

I MUST have something moisturizing on my lips at all times. My most used product that I never leave home without - is plain old vaseline in a tiny tube.

But, I am always searching for lipcolor and today I found one I LOVE!! I don't like most lipstcks I have tried because they either feel too waxy, too dry or just look too heavy for me. Today I tried Cover Girl LipSlick and ran back to the store for two more It goes on like a stick but feels very moist and is not stcky. It is shiny but not really glossy and the color is see-through. Of the three I bought, the color I like the most is called Daring. It looks like a bright red in the tube but goes on sheer and pretty.

So ladies, what do YOU use on your lips?
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 08-21-2007 at 09:35 AM.

Cover Girl or Avon, only use it when the face is made up. Any other time it's all natural
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I'd leave home naked before I left without my chapstick! I use different kinds including one from Avon that has a bit of color. I'm not good at wearing lipstick.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    I'm not brand loyal. I like things with peppermint oil in them. I use carmex quite frequently. Aquafina has a new lipgloss that I like. Almost all of my lipstick and colored gloss is Mary Kay.
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

I'm not really brand loyal either. But I must have a lip balm of some kind in my right pocket and a gloss of some kind in my left. If they get switched - I get in trubble!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

absolutly nothing lol I dont wear any makeup at all(aside from a little tinted moisturizer on occasion, simply because, my skin is pink, and sometimes its gets blotchy and people start asking about my "rash" lol). I own one tube of lipsmackers gloss, but I only where that on special occasions lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I usually use Carmex on my lips, bu when I go to work i do wear lipstick, but I dont care what brand it is, as long as it is a Natural color. I am into all these crazy colors! I like all natural looks, and a little gloss is always okay.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I absolutely cannot stand to be without a tube of Carmex at all times. If I am in town and can't find it in my purse or car, I will go in a store just to buy one! I'm addicted to Carmex!

If I go out and wear makeup, which is rare, I'll wear some light lipstick ... but the Carmex MUST go over the top of the lipstick.

I have issues. LOL
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I always use clear lip gloss....doesn't matter what kind...but I must have it I am not big on lip stick but I do really like Esta Lauder lip sticks!!
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill

I got an Avon lip balm at the beginning of the summer, SPF 15 and not too sticky. Works for me.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    The new Revlon Renewist lipsticks are nice - moisturizing, long wearing and nice colors. Either that or Maybelline Moisture (something), always topped with lipgloss. I wear lipstick with gloss almost all the time. - Makeup, nailpolish and posting on MakeupAlley.com are my other obsessions

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd
    ... posting on MakeupAlley.com are my other obsessions
    I bet YOU are the one who got me started at MakeupAlley That reminds me that I should post there about my CG Lipslick!! I am loving this product - not quite lipstick and not quite gloss.

Absolutely nothing, except in deepest winter, when everything is dry, then it's the plain, unscented Chapstick. I am allergic to most make-up, and even some Clinique lipstick makes my lips feel like they are burning ... thankfully, I don't feel the need to use make-up*. For my wedding, my bridesmaids ganged up and made me wear it for the sake of the pictures everyone would take, and they found a lipstick that didn't hurt.

*It's not that I am so beautiful that I don't need it, trust me. It's that I figure if I have to wear make-up for someone to like me, I can find friends who don't require it! My dear friend Robin from college is the opposite - she wouldn't go down to breakfast in the dorm cafeteria without at least mascara and lip gloss, but we both understand each other's make-up quirks, and are friends anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Absolutely nothing, except in deepest winter, when everything is dry, then it's the plain, unscented Chapstick. I am allergic to most make-up, and even some Clinique lipstick makes my lips feel like they are burning ... thankfully, I don't feel the need to use make-up*. For my wedding, my bridesmaids ganged up and made me wear it for the sake of the pictures everyone would take, and they found a lipstick that didn't hurt.

*It's not that I am so beautiful that I don't need it, trust me. It's that I figure if I have to wear make-up for someone to like me, I can find friends who don't require it! My dear friend Robin from college is the opposite - she wouldn't go down to breakfast in the dorm cafeteria without at least mascara and lip gloss, but we both understand each other's make-up quirks, and are friends anyway!
    as much as I LOVE my Makeup. If its gonna cause a health crisis I'd have to agree. Don'T do it!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Laura Mercier in amethyst my absolute favorite
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!