Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why?

Why?

There are many of us who call Pet Talk our second home and with good reason, for in this small 'internet apartment' we have helped, healed, argued, loved, lost, grieved, grinned, joked. We've congratulated those who have married, graduated, adopted, rescued, purchased houses, and of course, those who have (finally) reached 200 posts . We've hugged, prayed, consoled, and on 9/11 we waited, watched, wept.

It seems the last few months have been unusually cruel to Pet Talk. We've lost board members, family members, and hard drives ; we've had accidents, sickness, and broken bones. Please, don't let this harden your heart. Always, always remember to cushion the daily traumas with a tenderness found only in everyday miracles. Inhale that puppy breath or those big ol' frito feet. Indulge in that acrobatic embodiment of air known as the kitten. Let yourself be engulfed in bunny kisses.

Friends, I invite you to read the page that lifted my spirits, a page the equivalent to warm orange-spice tea and fresh-from-the-oven oatmeal raisin cookies on a rainy day.

And perhaps it is rightly so, the "welcome mat" to the Pet Talk home:

WHY?

Thank you for your excellent post!

(I have about 50 more great posts to add to the why page.)

Paul

I agree with Paul, Tonya. Your words express my sentiments exactly and it could not have been said more beautifully or with more sincerity. Thank you!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thank you Tonya for your post. Pet Talk has had some rough days lately, but I hope that Pet Talkers always remember what this place is all about.

Tonya, what a wonderful sentiment, you brought tears to my eyes. We are all so lucky to have Pet Talk & shouldn't take it for granted.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Thank you for the special reminder. I hope it will swing this wonderful Pet loving community back the way it needs to head.

Thank you for the lovely post Tonya.

I blame it all on the weather. I for one am going crazy in this humidity.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Mz Zippy, Thanks for the reminder of why we love Pet Talk so much. It is a wonderful place to be with friends in a way that touches the fundamentals of all our hearts, which is our pets of course!!!

I have to tell you that your posts have lifted my spirits on more than one occassion. I still think of Amuck fondly, love to hear your stories of "The princess of parsley" (I love that signature) and your courage on how you got back on the horse and the humor you had dealing with such an ordeal. Thanks for being such a wonderful part of Pet Talk!!

I haven't been posting much for a while because of a couple of people on here. I would love it if it could get back to normal. I see this post is all the regulars (old timers!). Some of the new people I'm not so sure about
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

Zippy/Cat I'm so glad that you posted this message, how true, there is so much stress in everyday life that we don't need it in PetTalk. This is a haven to be cherished, enjoyed and to share the love of our pets with everyone. There are a lot of people who don't understand people like us who love animals so much that we would do anything for them, but we can come in here and we talk to people who do understand and cherish their animals just as we do.
    You are a treasure and thank you so much for posting what we all feel.
    Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Zippy,

Thanks for posting the why? of Pet Talk. This is a great
    reminder of what we're all about. I cannot begin to say
    how much I love this forum of people who love & cherish
    their animals and love to share stories about them.It is
    without a doubt the very best animal site on the web.
    Thank you Everybody for making this a homey place to visit.
    Liz & Buddy.

Tonya,thank you for sharing those beautiful thoughts with us. You are so right and, as always, you bring humor and compassion to this board. It's also good to know you have recovered enough from your accident to be able to write so well.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

13. Tonya -

How beautifully you have expressed what Pettalk is and should be -- comfort. I like "talking", being silly, and getting advice from people here. It is my escape and my warm blanket.

There are times when I vehemently disagree with an opinion expressed but to what point? As my mother taught me..."if you can't say anything nice...don't say anything at all." Or from a program I teach...the basic principle...Focus on the issue not, NEVER the person.

Diversity is what makes any community interesting and tolerance is what makes it function.

Thanks for reminding us....

Sara

I feel like I've been on another planet even though I'm on Pet Talk everyday. I don't know what's going on and don't want to know. But I think maybe I should let you all know a little of what you've done for me. I have disabling arthritis. Before finding Pet Talk, I spent most of the day in bed because of the pain. Since finding Pet Talk and all of you, it helps me forget the pain as I read about your adventures.
    Sandra (tatsxx11) has become a dear friend and I thank her again for posting the pictures of my 'boys' to share with you. You have become the family I don't have. I love all your animals and I love you. Twice a day, I thank God for all of you and ask that you be blessed.

Now, I do have one burning question:
    Tonya, how did you get the Princess of Parsley to keep her tiara on long enough for a picture?
    Last edited by momoffuzzyfaces; 07-29-2002 at 05:13 PM.

Tonya,

Thank you for bringing everyone back to WHY we come here. I was just telling my hubby about the "drama" here and his first response was "on a cat/dog/pet site?!?!" You've given us a renewed sence of what this site is for...chatting with fellow pet lovers and the friendship that goes with that. There are many, many people on here that I would LOVE to meet and know I would be great friends with if we lived close.

I love, love, love this site...my hubby (and everyone else that knows that I come here so often) rolls his eyes when he see's me on here...but to me, this site is a place I can talk about two of the most important parts of my life...Noah & Noel...I can freely express the love, fear and confusion here without seeming crazy. I love that I can learn so much from everyone here...on just about everything!!

So Tonya, thank you! You are a very sweet person....you've shown us all this in many, many ways...we are all blessed to know you. Thank you.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...