Thread: Digging!! Post 14- question

Threaded View

Thumbs down Digging!! Post 14- question

Alright, this is not typical backyard digging. This is while mommy is laying on the floor let me come over and dig at her and her clothes to try and fluff them up. I am speaking of Chopper, my 4 month of chi. He is very well behaved all day long, listens pretty good(still working on the come thing ) but all in all he is a typical puppy with exploring and stuff and when told NO he stops what he is doing and if not I remove him from the situation. But lately he just comes over to me and starts scratching and digging at me and my clothes(only at night when we are relaxing watching TV). I tell him NO and he completely ignores me. I have picked him up, made him face me and tell him No. He will stop for a few seconds and then do it again. After the first time being picked up he tries to quickly flip over and bite at my fingers when I go to get him the next time. I guess the only other thing I can start doing is getting up and walking away or sitting on the furniture(but that is my down time with all the dogs and I hate to punish the other two because the little monster can't behave). Does anyone know how to deter this behavior without having to pick him up and have him nipping at my fingers(I don't want him to think this is a game). I fear if I allow him to do it it will just get worse as he gets older and he may start digging at other things. Oh and I have tried placing his blanket down by me but he just gets under the blanket and continues digging at me. Thanks for any help you may offer.
    Last edited by WELOVESPUPPIES; 08-02-2007 at 12:21 PM.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.