Thread: Moon And Squeeks Get Hitched

Threaded View

Moon And Squeeks Get Hitched

Ok, it has been a looooong time since I mentioned that Squeekers was getting a bride! Well, he had the "big snip" and was, I thought, eager and anxious to meet his betrothed, Moonbeam! Well, as with most marriages, in the beginning, a few bumps in the road are to be expected!! And after all, it WAS an arranged affair!! Squeeks, you see, is a very gentle, quiet, sweet little guy. Seems his bride is just a BIT more energetic, curious, active and demanding!!

Upon their first meeting, poor little Squeeker Man stood frozen in fear, teeth a chattering. (The ultimate signal of stress and fear in a piggie!) He looked up at me as if to say, "WHAT is that Mom! Help!!" But that didn't stop Moon from pursuing her mate. She ran him ragged, her little legs in over drive, chasing him mercilessly around the room, wheeking and squeeking and nibbling on his hiney, ears and nose! Mind you, Moon is half his size! But her little paws paddled her around the room at lightning speed and Squeeks was in a state of high alert!!

I decided not to house them in the same cage, as I had hoped, but instead, put their separate cages right up against each other so they could enjoy a more gradual "getting to know you" phase from a safe distance. Well, this didn't stop my Moon Baby!! She would grab the bars of his cage with her teeth and rattle them until he would finally emerge from his timber hide-a-way! Well, that was a few months ago. I am happy report that as of today they are enjoying a relationship that is based upon mutual respect and deference for their differences. Each day they enjoy an hour or more of shared floortime, with Moon STILL in "hot" pursuit. But Squeeks is no longer frozen in fear and will even pause for a nuzzle, some nose nibbies and even a kiss or two from Moon! Here are some pics of them, including their first encounter and Squeeks having a tubbie! (Which he loves)

First encounter!! "Can I come in and play??"

Last edited by tatsxxx11; 07-25-2002 at 05:57 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~