Thread: Coat "coming in"?

Coat "coming in"?

After having Dixie spayed in March, I've noticed that her coat seems to be "coming in", especially her mane and upper chest area.
    This was her about 6 months prior to being spayed

and this is about a week ago

You can even see a difference in the pic in my sig that was taken in about April and the second picture above.

I know of two things that could be contributing to this growth. One is age, though I can't imagine that much in a short time and the other is that she comes up here on the desk to be combed but it's not a daily thing.
    Could getting spayed also contribute to this? Would it be because she's "healthier" now and her coat's in better shape?

I never noticed this before with my other females but she was almost 4 when she was spayed, I didn't have to wait that long to spay the past females I had. I only have two other males now and the same can't be said for them...but again, Toby was 9 months and Churchy was 1 year old when they each got neutered.

Interesting question.

I had Rocky and Rumor spayed and neutered at 5-6 months old and their coats came in full soon afterwards, especially Rumors lion's mane. I just attributed it being age but who knows.

From Decker with Love