Thread: Blame It On The Cat

Blame It On The Cat

Edwina has not been an "alarm cat" for a long time. When she first came to live with us she would do the early morning wake up but, whether because it was not effective or because she isn't an early riser herself -- it didn't last long. She usually stays on my feet or legs patiently sleeping until the "electric alarm" goes off - which is her cue to jump on poppa.

The other day I woke up and looked at the clock -- 5:33!!! My husband's alarm goes off at 5:10 and he gets up at 5:20. He's oversleep! I shoved him "Hey, get up-- it's after 5:30!" Edwina sat up and looked at me quite quizically.

Even she knew it was Saturday.

Don't you just hate when that happens! LOL!

Edwina most likely was thinking she must find a way to "earn her keep" in her beginning days with you. Finding out that was not necessary and that she was fast becoming the object of much affection and pampering she has obviously re-thought the whole situation! She has now made the quite easy transition from alarm cat to lady of the boudoir. A lady of style and sophistication such as Edwina no longer has to lift a paw to do anything and she obvious knows that very well. Her pictures in her bonnet give new meaning to "The Cat In The Hat!"

Re: Blame It On The Cat

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Edwina has not been an "alarm cat" for a long time.
    LOL! I wish Edwina would have a little 'talk' with Chester. He feels the need to 'discuss' every bug, bird, cat, skunk and new dust fuzzy he sees with me at 6 every morning, never mind that I want to sleep. If I ignore him, he gets louder and louder till neighbors 3 houses over can hear him, I'm sure of it.

While she's speakin' to Chester, have her chat w/ Sophie too!! Bunny kisses are wonderful but not at 4.35 in the morning!!!

and after that, could she PLEASE talk to Muffin and Louise!??
    I don't stand a chance beween the 2 of them, if Muffin is not waking me up to go out to the porch, then Louise is whining for her breakfast! and there is no ignoring Louise!!
    Faith in God

Tsoomi used to wake me up when he was younger. when we first got him I was still working very early shifts and used to wake up early every day including weeknends, as I used to study during the week and work during the weekends... when I stopped working those crazy shifts he would still come every morning at 6:00 or even ealier to tell me I'm wrong and I should be up by now... thank god he doesn't do that anymore... I'll go nuts!

Re: Blame It On The Cat

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Edwina has not been an "alarm cat" for a long time. .....
    Even she knew it was Saturday.
    Well, when I have to wake up early, Juni lays on my head and I wake up only some minutes before I am supposed to leave the house. BUT, on Saturdays and Sundays, she'd wake up at 5:30 (even during the week, I don't wake up before 6:45 - 7:00) and start jumping, dancing (sometimes with her claws in my legs), bringing me toys, meowing loud. Imagine!

I spoke with Edwina about sharing her tricks of the boudoir with Chester, Sophie, Muffin, and Lousie. She is considering publishing her memoir with tips on living the good life. Sort of a feline Martha Stewart (hmmmmm.)

This morning -- a glorious and perfect one -- she was out enjoying the fresh air on the screen porch off our bedroom. The door was open. I was sleeping in a bit -- exhausted from a furniture moving project last night. She noticed I was late. Jumped on the bed and gently "nalped" at me. She then sat with me and shared my "breakfast bar in bed."

So she stills feels some sense of responsibility -- thankfully just not until 7!