Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I fear I lost my creativity!! (update #33, I'm very sad)

I fear I lost my creativity!! (update #33, I'm very sad)

As some of you may know, I'm posting my pictures at www.fotocommunity.de, where you can upload photos for discussion. One of the reasons why you post there is to learn from others and get advices or suggestions how to make things better. I always appreciated comments like that, because I want to learn.

But yesterday, it happened to me that a user simply questioned my right to upload my pics. I know, I should just ignore that, but it was hurtful and offensive. Today, I noticed that I don't like to grab my camera and take photos as I usually do at the weekends. That stupid guy really managed that all my creativity has gone!! I'm mad at myself that I allow that idiot to have so much power over me, but you just cannot be creative with these hurtful comments in the back of your mind...

But I'm very sad, especially as taking photos and photoshopping them helped me to find some peace after the horrible time of the burn out syndrome.

Kirsten
    Last edited by Kirsten; 07-10-2007 at 08:52 AM.

Maybe you should get angry at him in the forum - I am sure some people there must have come to your defense.

How about starting your own forum, that has fewer snobs in it?

HUGS!

Give me an inflatable baseball bat, I'll take care of this idiot! He doesn't know what you have been through.

Better an artist with a heart and talent (you) than another with...oh, Schitz for brains?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hey Kirsten- go and look at all the pictures you uploaded and read the comments.
    Now there is ONE guy who has a different opinion and expresses it in a rude way.
    What the heck does that have to do with your creativity?
    Everybody here knows that you are among the top 5 photographers at PT (me being at place 2.135... ) and one guy disagrees with that. So what!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten

But yesterday, it happened to me that a user simply questioned my right to upload my pics. I know, I should just ignore that, but it was hurtful and offensive. Today, I noticed that I don't like to grab my camera and take photos as I usually do at the weekends. That stupid guy really managed that all my creativity has gone!! I'm mad at myself that I allow that idiot to have so much power over me, but you just cannot be creative with these hurtful comments in the back of your mind...

Kirsten

I'm sorry that this jerk hurt your feelings.Maybe he was having a "bad" day himself and wanted to spread it around. I always find a long walk in a quiet
    countryside setting makes me feel better & puts things in a different
    perspective,
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

He definately was out of line and wrong! You're photos are always breathtaking and beautifully composed. Ignore him and listen to us!

Kirsten, don't let that one guy discourage you. On Forum's like that you'll always get some critical comments, but try not to let it get you down.

Go on, take some photo's! We're many who likes them.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Kirsten I have never wanted to buy a photograph so much as when I see your work. If it were for sale and I had money, I would absolutely LOVE to own some of your work and display it proudly in my house. Your work is breathtaking. I'm sorry some jerk tried to get you down, but you are better then him. You have talent AND a kind heart.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Awww, Kirsten ~ Just ignore those things. Some people are so small, shallow and insecure that the only power they have in life is to be hurtful. They deserve our pity and prayers. But not our time and energy.

I think of them as energy vampires. They sap the life right out of us -- if you spend too much time with them.

I hope you go out with your camera today and fall in love with photography all over again! You definitely have a talent and a passion for it.

Just one more thing.... Please don't give other people's opinions so much power in your life. I wouldn't bother to respond to this guy because your time is much to valuable. He can't take your creativity away unless you GIVE him that power. Also, I just try to assume that people are innocent of purposely hurting us. It was just an unkind, thoughtless remark.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

...restaurant picture?...

Make money - I bet HE doesn't!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

10. Eleanor Roosevelt said it best...."no one can make you feel inferior without your permission...."

Don't let one person take away all the good compliments you've been getting here and propbably there, too. Just dismiss him as being a jerk and move on. Photography, for me, helps keep me somewhat grounded. Don't let him take your joy of that away from you. Yes, you do, in a way, give them permission to do that. Maybe just put them on here for a while? I think your work is amazing. You could sell lots of them as reprints.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Don't let the opionions of one jerk get you down! Usually with people like that (I've been harassed by a few so and sos on writing forums) I look and see what THEY have posted, which 99 % of the time is absolutely nothing.

Crabby miserable people diserve to be ignored Go out and find joy in what you do, and keep posting! Eventually he'll take the hint that he isn't ruining your day, and go bother someone else!

and maybe the QUALITY of/ in your work allowed him to see that yours is superior (maybe to his?) and by "tearing you down" he can feel better. ignore him and realize that many many others know and value your work
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Dont let jerks like that get you down. Go out and take some pictures, we always love them. Go out and have a relaxing walk and take some pictures while your at it!

Kirsten, ignore the fool.

I never comment on your pics here, maybe I should. They are always beautiful.

Comments like the ones that you refer to remind me of Mel Brooks' "History of the World Part 1"

One of the scenes opens with someone doing a cave painting, with the narrator making a comment about the evolution of society giving birth to artists. The next line is great....

"Followed by the inevitable afterbirth, the art critic"
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.