Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new bottle baby *cuteness warning*

My new bottle baby *cuteness warning*

My family took in a little bottle baby today. She was found stuck in some plant where her mother was unable to retrieve her and by all appearances was abandoned. She's a tiny thing weighing just 5.2 ounces. I estimate her age to be between 8-10 days as her eyes are still closed.

She's living in a bucket in my bathroom for now. She has a fuzzy stuffed animal for company and warmth from a SnuggleSafe disc. She has been eating well and has already had a bowel movement. I have combed her over and taken off nearly 10 fleas! I think she is a torbie/orange patched tabby (like my Nipo!) and consequently female. She also has two kinks in her tiny tail! Her nose is splashed with black and her back feet will probably have white socks on them.

She'll go into the vet later this week...I want to worm her once she opens her eyes (or when she is about 2 weeks). Wish me luck! I haven't had a bottle baby in ages!!

I got a few *adorable* pictures once I finally relearned how to turn on my macro setting.....
    Remember....you have been warned!

Her coloring:

Home sweet bucket

Oh the CUTE! I will add more pictures to this thread as she grows!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Aaaaawwwwwww...................................... ...just about the cutest face I've seen in ages
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Too cute! I can't wait to see more of this little kitty as she grows. Please keep us updated.

And oh yeah....picture updates too

I was ready after reading your *cuteness warning* but still felt my heart jump What a tiny adorable little thing!! I hope Laura's Babies checks in because she will swoon when she sees that pink mouth.

It will be fun to watch this kitten grow up. You sound like such an attentive and careful foster meowmie

That is so adorable! I'm looking forward to seeing her grow up. Thank you for taking her in and saving her life.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Oh how cute is that!!! Can't wait to watch her grow.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww I think I just fainted....

What a cutie little baby!! I am curious to know why the earea around her mouth looks so red; is she having a cold
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

OH MY GOSH!!! SHE HAS GOT TO BE THE CUTEST BABY EVER! What will you name her?
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

Oh, that sweet, sweet face! Too precious!

How cute! I love the first pic. She looks so angelic.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!!!

SO tiny and so cute. Glad she is doing well already!

It just came to me that maybe a name could be Teena, for the little bottle baby of Jen's that passed away. I don't recall if she was a tortie.

Looking forward to her growing and more cutie pics. You are an angel sent for this little one!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
    I am curious to know why the earea around her mouth looks so red; is she having a cold
    I think this is normal and may just have to do with the fact that she is still suckling. I think there is less hair on the tip of her muzzle and then the red is just her pink skin showing through. Also my photos seem to make it more obvious than it is in real life.

As for a name...I'm not sure yet. I tend to wait until a kitten is older and I can get to know his/her personality. Although at my clinic we've been naming rescued kittens using Polish names recently, so I might find a pretty Polish name for her.

Glad you all enjoyed the pictures! I'll definitely add some more once she opens her eyes or maybe sooner.

She is so cute and so tiny! She looks like a little angel.
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Kater - My Ukrainian baba's real name was Feodosia or Theodosia. (Canadian officials changed it to "Phyllis" ). I know it's not exactly Polish (she was from Rowena in central Ukraine), but I have always thought it the most lovely name.

Of course, it's bigger than she is at the moment.

"malenka" - little one in both languages, I think (sp?)
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    It just came to me that maybe a name could be Teena, for the little bottle baby of Jen's that passed away. I don't recall if she was a tortie.
    I like this idea! I will have to think up some variation on Teena.