Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potential NEW doggy!!

Potential NEW doggy!!

hey guys! I dont know many of you but I just HAD to share some possible excitement. Last year I drove from california to oregon to pick up a friend's dog and I got to take care of her for 4 months before returning her to my friend. Today I got a voicemail from her and she said she needed me to do a "huge favor" for her. The only thing I can think of is that she wants me to babysit her dog for the summer while she's away (she lives in North Carolina now). I am so excited. My dog (Princess) and her dog (Lucy) got along really well last year and I am so pumped by the thought of having Lucy in my house again. i'll be sure to post an update but I'm 99% sure I'll be getting a new dog for the summer x 10000

*fingers and paws crossed here*
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

OOH! i AM getting a new doggy for the summer. Its all extremely short notice but I am leaving tomorrow from the SF Bay Area to go to Salem, Oregon to pick up the dog. Its about a 10 hour 650 mile drive (the mountains at the CA, OR border slow things down) one way. I'm going to pick up the dog sunday around 1pm and then head back that day cause I have school monday morning. I'll be travelling about 1,300 miles in about 36-40 hours. The dog is a really sweet collie mix. I'll be sure to post pics of the new addition. YAY!

Oooh! Awesome! congratulations! Safe trip!

I remember crossing through the OR-CA border a couple of times. Once, in the morning, and we were thinking "man, this is some THICK fog." Once we got further down and away, we had a chance to look back and noticed it was *CLOUDS* not fog!

I just talked to ratdogg on the phone and he's on his way to pick up Lucy right now. There were some complications with the health certificate, but it looks like it's all squared away now.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Ooooh! How fun! We cross the CA-OR border a lot!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

wow. ok so here's an update. I drove to salem, OR from the SF bay area on saturday. it was about a 10 hour drive. Sadly there was a problem with the paperwork and the doggy wasn't allowed on the plane. I drove back to the bay area on sunday (another 10 hours of mostly BEAUTIFUL scenery). On a side note I've decided to move back to Oregon. yeah the trip was that life changing for me. anyways, so my friend put the dog on a flight outta north carolina today but the flight stopped in Dallas and the flight from Dallas to SF was CANCELLED!!!!! the poor dog (LUCY) will be put on the next flight hopefully, but I still feel so bad she has to go on such a long and scary journey. I wish she could have just been flown to portland and I coulda picked her up in Salem and driven her back. please think good thought about this scared doggy.

OH NO!!!! That's horrible news for LUCY!!! :-(

He he... I know what it's like to have those life changing road trips. I hope you find a wonderful new house soon enough for your heart!

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Poor Lucy, hopefully she'll be in a familiar place and feeling better tomorrow morning. Is the airline making sure she gets water?

Thank you Wolf_Q!

My thoughts are with sweet Lucy. Poor girl! I haven't posted to you before. I have to tell you that Princess is absolutely beautiful. I own a pittie and a pit mix they are the best dogs, they are so much fun.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

How soon before Lucy is with you?
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I think he told me she should be getting to the airport around 9:30am...so any minute now.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

well. Lucy has finally made it to me! Me and CathyBogart went to the airport to pick her up and she wasn't on the flight we thought she would be on. After explaining about 10 times what happened (cancelled flight, etc) to the baggage clerk we finally found out what flight she was on. We wandered around the airport for a couple hours and finally at about 12:30 Lucy was with us. It was sooo good to see her again. We drove her back to my house and her and princess got re-aquainted with eachother. She seems to be in really good spirits and is acting like she is happy here so far. I'm so happy to have a pack again

1. oh and i really suck at taking pics...any advice on how to not get the tapetum lucidum to be all bright green?

2. anyone wanna venture what breeds are in Lucy? I think there's some border collie, but I don't know about the rest.

Awwwe. So glad she is OK!

Wow, she's such a cutie!

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

I'm glad she made it there! She's really cute (as is Princess!). Has she been shaved?