View Poll Results: How do you make your coffee? (Multiple choice)

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Instant

11 24.44%
  • Filter machine

25 55.56%
  • Cafetiere (french press)

13 28.89%
  • Percolator

3 6.67%
  • Other

7 15.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you make your coffee?

How do you make your coffee?

Just wondering how you all make your coffee at home. I use instant or make 'proper' coffee in a cafetiere (French press) but I'm thinking of buying a percolator.

I voted other because a couple of years ago my hubby bought me one of these for our anniversary. It is just as easy as instant, but tastes fresh brewed. I love my coffee!!!

I voted cafetiere. I also use a little espresso machine, just the type that you heat on the ring.

I use instant because all of the brewed coffee from percolators over here are disgusting not like star bucks - they leave a real bitter aftertaste and that does not sit well with me. It is a shame becuase I have a percolator and cannot get the States until late this year to get some starbucks coffee.

Any nice PT'ers will to take pity on me and send me some?????? I love their Java coffee.....
    jackmilliesmom

Thanks to Michelle (Kittycats_Delight) for my wonderful
    cheerful and special signature and avatar!!!!!!

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

I've read percolators make the WORST coffe because it keeps recycling the coffee over and over again. Making a strong bitter, old coffee taste to every cup. All that said, I can't stand coffee so I don't make it. But I LOVE the smell of cooffee!

Other. I get in the car and get other people to make it for me on my way to work. (Go through the Tim Hortons drive through)
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I chose cafeteria as well as I almost always get my cappuccino or espresso(don't drink american type coffee) in a caffe/bar. And they all use the large caffeteria with the press. The italians would argue the point of it being french though I can guarentee that. COFFEE IS ITALIAN !!! LOL at least for them. When I do make it at home I use a small espresso machine.
    Similar to this

But I keep telling hubby I NEED a Gaggia Cappucino machine. Like this little one.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Quote Originally Posted by jackmilliesmom
    I use instant because all of the brewed coffee from percolators over here are disgusting not like star bucks - they leave a real bitter aftertaste and that does not sit well with me. It is a shame becuase I have a percolator and cannot get the States until late this year to get some starbucks coffee.

Any nice PT'ers will to take pity on me and send me some?????? I love their Java coffee.....
    Tesco have Starbucks coffee in their online grocery store.

I make folgers instant at home since I am the only coffee drinker. I use a fileter coffee machine at work and I treat myself to starbucks at least a few times a week. I am a coffee fiend.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycats_delight
    I chose cafeteria as well as I almost always get my cappuccino or espresso(don't drink american type coffee) in a caffe/bar. And they all use the large caffeteria with the press. The italians would argue the point of it being french though I can guarentee that. COFFEE IS ITALIAN !!! LOL at least for them. When I do make it at home I use a small espresso machine.
    I've always loved that idea that coffee is Italian. I've never seen a coffee tree there!
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

Instant French Vanilla Cappuccino - Drinking regular coffee (cream) tastes nasty to me after all these years of quitting smoking. Only time regular coffee tastes good if it's made a coffee shop.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I love my percolator. Nothing fancy. No filters to buy. No timer to set. Plug it in and off you go.

I may be the last person on the planet to say this -- I've never been to Starbucks. Can you imagine? Somehow the world keeps turning....
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Ah, let me count the ways....usually just a drip during the week- as the press takes too much time.

Perhaps my fave way is turkish, in the little funny carafe on an open flame, bring it to a boil, let it sit back down, boil again, and pour into a tiny cup and sip...a teeny bit of real creme is perfection.

Then, on the weekends, Jones and I walk to Starbucks and I have a coffee there....

JMM- if you are serious, I would be happy to send you some SB coffee!

I use instant in the house, but I rarely drink it.

I have my daily coffee in the morning before I got to work from a cafe.

When I was in Holland, my ex's sister had a Senseo coffee maker, and I had to say, I really liked it, and so neat and easy to clean.

I rarely make coffee for myself at home- usually if I want a cup, I go to Starbucks or Panera...but my husband uses one of these:

With a filter in it to make individual cups. Pretty easy and turns out fairly well.