Thread: People with leather furniture....

People with leather furniture....

I need some input of your experiences with it. We're doing some training at work about leather and I need to know some things for my own

What prompted you to consider leather?

Do you like your leather furniture?

Is it holding up well against the animals (both the hooman and 4 legged kinds )

Is it wearing better than any fabric furniture you have bought?

Is it actually warm in the winter and cool in the summer? (many websites swear to this!)

Is it easy to maintain?

Does it stain at all? If so, is it easy to clean?

Whats your biggest beef (hee hee, get it?) about your leather furniture?

Do you consider your leather furniture an investment?

Would you buy leather furniture again?

Lastly, what piece of furniture did you buy in leather?

Thank guys!

PS: You don't have to answer every question... just tell me what you think, using my questions as starters points.

What prompted you to consider leather? My parents bought it so I don't know.

Do you like your leather furniture? I don't mind it but I'd rather not be sitting on a dead cow..

Is it holding up well against the animals (both the hooman and 4 legged kinds ) Not really, the cats don't scratch it but when they jump on it their back feet scratch it.

Is it wearing better than any fabric furniture you have bought? No I personally think it's lasting longer then fabric.

Is it actually warm in the winter and cool in the summer? (many websites swear to this!) I think it's opposite.

Is it easy to maintain? Yes.

Does it stain at all? If so, is it easy to clean? Never spilt on it.

Whats your biggest beef (hee hee, get it?) about your leather furniture? That it's made out of cows.

Do you consider your leather furniture an investment? No.

Would you buy leather furniture again? No.

Lastly, what piece of furniture did you buy in leather? A big and small couch.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I love my leather settees and I would buy leather again in a minute. We bought them in the first place because we saw a display of leather furniture made by a local company at a great price, and we thought their stuff looked really good.

It has held up well. We bought them in 1986. The majority of both settees looks wonderful. One seat of each looks somewhat worn now, but they are in quite a light shade. A dark shade may well cover the damage better. The damage over the years has come from both humans and cats.

I can't compare it to fabric furniture as I have never had that long term.

Yes, I do find it comfortable in both summer and winter.

As for maintenance - you are suppossed to clean and feed it three times a year - more like once every three years for me. Cleaning up spills is just great though, a wipe and everything is gone.

I would definitely buy leather again.

Quote Originally Posted by Killearn Kitties
    As for maintenance - you are suppossed to clean and feed it three times a year - more like once every three years for me.

Oh dear, what do you feed it? Beef? Or are leather couches vegetarians?

We feed a kind of cream - vegetarian, but not vegan.

LOL.... here in the states, we call it "conditioning"

Thanks for the opinons, please keep 'em coming!

What prompted you to consider leather? Cat hair. We thought it would be easier to keep leather clean.

Do you like your leather furniture? We like it, but aren't entirely satisfied with it.

Is it holding up well against the animals (both the hooman and 4 legged kinds ) It is great for animal hair, but not animal claws. (The marks on ours are from the cats ramping off of it and leaving marks with their back claws.)

Is it wearing better than any fabric furniture you have bought? Not really.

Is it actually warm in the winter and cool in the summer? (many websites swear to this!) Never thought about it.

Is it easy to maintain? Fairly. We probably don't do as much conditioning as we should.

Does it stain at all? If so, is it easy to clean? No. It is easy to clean.

Whats your biggest beef (hee hee, get it?) about your leather furniture? Cat scratches

Do you consider your leather furniture an investment? No.

Would you buy leather furniture again? Probably not.

Lastly, what piece of furniture did you buy in leather? We bought a couch, chair, and ottoman all at the same time.

We have a leather couch.

What prompted you to consider leather? my dad bought it lol

Do you like your leather furniture? I do. It's comfortable and it looks cool

Is it holding up well against the animals (both the hooman and 4 legged kinds ) it's a 10 yr old couch, and it would look brand new if the cats claws hadn't gotten to it. They dont scratch but when they walk on it their nails dig in. It's really bad for that cause it's VERY noticable. I wouldn't recommend leather with cats

Is it wearing better than any fabric furniture you have bought? Like I said it's great other than the nails

Is it actually warm in the winter and cool in the summer? (many websites swear to this!) hmm...duno really. I never have sat in it and thought omg it's too cold!! or omg it's so warm!

Is it easy to maintain? we don't do much with it...

Does it stain at all? If so, is it easy to clean? we've never spilled anything on it so I don't know

Whats your biggest beef (hee hee, get it?) about your leather furniture? not ment for cat owners D:

Do you consider your leather furniture an investment? not really

Would you buy leather furniture again? not if I have cats

Lastly, what piece of furniture did you buy in leather? couch and a matching chair

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

What prompted you to consider leather? All our dog hair.

Do you like your leather furniture? Yes!

Is it holding up well against the animals (both the hooman and 4 legged kinds ) Yes. Nothing really wrong with them, at least that I can see with the naked eye.

Is it wearing better than any fabric furniture you have bought? We've had these for about a year, and they look brand new.

Is it actually warm in the winter and cool in the summer? (many websites swear to this!) I think it's cool during both times, depending on the temperature in our house.

Is it easy to maintain? Yes.

Does it stain at all? If so, is it easy to clean? Never stained it really...

Whats your biggest beef (hee hee, get it?) about your leather furniture? Um... nothing I can think of at the moment.

Do you consider your leather furniture an investment?

Would you buy leather furniture again? Yes! I love it! Much more than cloth.

Lastly, what piece of furniture did you buy in leather? Two couches.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

No leather furniture here, too expensive and the furry kids would shred it to death, not a good investment. I dont need to watch our hard earned money go down the drain.
    I've never been a fan of leather furniture.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

What prompted you to consider leather? Fabric furniture held onto odors and stains and fur. It was time for a change.

Do you like your leather furniture? Sure, why not!

Is it holding up well against the animals (both the hooman and 4 legged kinds ) Definitely! After about 5 years of multiple dogs and their zoomies, this couch has been doing us an amazing amount of good!

Is it wearing better than any fabric furniture you have bought? OF COURSE!! Liquids wipe right off. It's low maintenance and fur flys right off it. Scratches also do not remain. They "rub away". The salesman showed us a bunch of different leather textures and we chose the one that dealt with scratches the best. They actually let you scratch samples and see which ones deal best.

Is it actually warm in the winter and cool in the summer? (many websites swear to this!) Cool in the summer? Yep. Warm in the winter? Not unless you're wrapped in a blanket.

Is it easy to maintain? Considering we haven't done a single thing to it since we got it, definitely.

Does it stain at all? If so, is it easy to clean? No stains at all, and it's dealt with dog barf, berry juices, etc. It's been to he!! and back, and it still looks good

Whats your biggest beef (hee hee, get it?) about your leather furniture? I wish it weren't made of animal skin.

Do you consider your leather furniture an investment? You mean as in money saving? Sure, why not!

Would you buy leather furniture again? Of course. All our comfy chairs and our couch are black leather.

Lastly, what piece of furniture did you buy in leather? These reclining chairs w/ footrest and a couch.

What prompted you to consider leather? I don't know my parents bought it, but maybe because they looke good.

Do you like your leather furniture? i guess.. yes

Is it holding up well against the animals (both the hooman and 4 legged kinds ) Yes

Is it wearing better than any fabric furniture you have bought? Yes, as hard as it may seem Rusty (my dog) had ripped a fabric one and never leather when he jumped on it.

Is it actually warm in the winter and cool in the summer? (many websites swear to this!) No.. its cool in winter, warm in summer from sun shining on it.

Is it easy to maintain? I don't think we put anything on it...

Does it stain at all? If so, is it easy to clean? I don't think we ever stained it.

Whats your biggest beef (hee hee, get it?) about your leather furniture? Nothing that I personally can say.

Do you consider your leather furniture an investment? Yes.

Would you buy leather furniture again? Maybe, my parents like it.

Lastly, what piece of furniture did you buy in leather? Two couches.

13. What prompted you to consider leather? My husband bought it before I moved here -- but I agreed with his choice. I love how it looks.

Do you like your leather furniture? Very happy with it.

Is it holding up well against the animals (both the hooman and 4 legged kinds ) Quite well

Is it wearing better than any fabric furniture you have bought? It is our newest piece so hard to say

Is it actually warm in the winter and cool in the summer? (many websites swear to this!) Never noticed

Is it easy to maintain? Just dust it...

Does it stain at all? Not that I've noticed If so, is it easy to clean?

Whats your biggest beef (hee hee, get it?) about your leather furniture? No beef

Do you consider your leather furniture an investment? Yes

Would you buy leather furniture again? Yes

Lastly, what piece of furniture did you buy in leather Sofa....