Thread: Home needed for tervuren

Home needed for tervuren

A friend of mine in Europe breeds Belgians and a couple of years ago exported one to the states to a breeder who is now selling all of her Belgians because "they are too hard to sell." The breeder who is selling her dogs has already placed two dogs with a backyard breeder in Florida who now has a litter out of two underage untested dogs. My friend is afraid the dog she sold to her will have the same fate.

He is an American champion and has seven points towards his Canadian championship. He has ALL of his health testing (PRA/C negative, OFA Good hips, OFA Normal elbows, OFA Cardiac normal, OFA Patellas normal, CERF eyes, and thyroid normal). He has his CGC, CD, and a Rally Novice title. He is directly from the Czech Republic and comes from 100% European lines. I think she would prefer a competition home and maybe one that would finish his Canadian championship but I know she won't be picky -- as long as he doesn't end up in the hands of a backyard breeder or puppy mill.

If anyone is interested, please let me know, and I will forward you both the current owner's email as well as the dog's breeder. His breeder is a very nice lady and really would like him to find a nice family.
    I've been BOO'd!

It may be too soon but Ashley NEEDS to see this!! hope he finds a nice home
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Ashley needs to hold out for a puppy from ME. LOL.
    I've been BOO'd!

LOL You guys are evil..

Where is he located? Maybe Jen (w/Riot) would be interested?

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

GAH!!! Why do you tease me so!??!

In the very least I'd love to foster a dog like that! (alas though... We only have room for one large dog at a time.)

`````

GRRRRRR!!!! Why breed if you're not going to love your dogs for LIFE?! GRRRRRR! (AND their pups, and their pup's pups.)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul
    A friend of mine in Europe breeds Belgians and a couple of years ago exported one to the states to a breeder who is now selling all of her Belgians because "they are too hard to sell." The breeder who is selling her dogs has already placed two dogs with a backyard breeder in Florida who now has a litter out of two underage untested dogs. My friend is afraid the dog she sold to her will have the same fate.

He is an American champion and has seven points towards his Canadian championship. He has ALL of his health testing (PRA/C negative, OFA Good hips, OFA Normal elbows, OFA Cardiac normal, OFA Patellas normal, CERF eyes, and thyroid normal). He has his CGC, CD, and a Rally Novice title. He is directly from the Czech Republic and comes from 100% European lines. I think she would prefer a competition home and maybe one that would finish his Canadian championship but I know she won't be picky -- as long as he doesn't end up in the hands of a backyard breeder or puppy mill.

If anyone is interested, please let me know, and I will forward you both the current owner's email as well as the dog's breeder. His breeder is a very nice lady and really would like him to find a nice family.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Is he the kind of dog that would be good with cats and small animals, or as an only pet? That breed is GORGEOUS! I'm just looking for a family pet, nothing to show or compete with... plus I'm in PA.

Any updates?

My heart bleeds for this guy. Any updates on his situation?

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Yikes, I hadn't seen these two last replies.

I am not sure how he would be with other pets -- Belgians are pretty high prey drive and may or may not do well with cats. They are also prone to dog aggression but I do not know if he has this issue. I am not sure which state the dog resides in unfortunatly.

I haven't recieved an update yet, I will email my friend and see if she has made any progress finding a home!
    I've been BOO'd!

Mind if I cross post?

I realize I'm new here and you don't know a thing about me but I have a good friend who would definitely be interested in giving this dog a great home. She does not breed (would hope to some day in the distant future) but she does have a Terv which she shows in conformation and obedience. I can give you her contact if you'd like to check her out first. (She gave me permission- she doesn't currently have internet). Let me know!

Thanks so much guys, but the terv now has a home in Canada with another breeder. My friend is a bit upset as she had someone else in Canada she wanted him to go to, but atleast we know he's well taken care of now.
    I've been BOO'd!

Yay!!! So glad he didn't get sent to the mill!!

What a relief. Glad to hear he's been safely placed. It's a good illustration for a mandatory "return to breeder" (or rescue) clause in a placement contract. It's something you might like to suggest for future reference.

She does have a return contract, however the dog was in the United States and she is in the Czech Republic in Europe. It's very expensive to ship a full grown dog overseas and she would have ended up placing him anyways.
    I've been BOO'd!

That's good to know. Are there many out there using a "re-home with breeder's approval" clause? (Any prospective new home must be approved by breeder before ownership is transferred?) It might help with the distance/shipping situations. I appreciate the difficulties involved and I applaude those who do what they can to protect their breed and lines from falling into undesirable homes. It's a definite problem.