Thread: Lucas, and other fish pics

Lucas, and other fish pics

I couldn't resist the sarasas at walmart today, they had some gorgeous ones. I picked out a nice looking boy. There was a little kid with his mom by the fish tanks and he was talking to the fishies. He was so excited to see somebody buying a fish. I asked him what I should name it, Nemo! of course. I told the boy it was a good name. (There's no way I'm naming one of my fish Nemo, so I named him after the little boy, Lucas) Looking at the vent I could tell the fish was a boy, and I didn't notice his tubercles until later when I was taking pictures. So a boy it is. I don't think I've ever missexed a goldfish using the vent shape method though. Anyway, pics...
    oh, he's residing with the piranahs (trops) until Friday

pictures of the feeding frenzy

more...
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Xander in a tube (he's doubled in size to 3.5" in the past two months)

Xander escapes the camera

Gotta find the biggest flake to eat

This pics makes a 2" betta look monsterous compared to the 5" Lucas

Meanest little piranha (buenos aires tetra)

Lucy, oops not a fish

Good news, I found over half dozen baby snails today. Hopefully they keep under the gravel while Lucas is aroung so he doesn't eat them. And my Anacharis plant is growing a baby.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Nice to meet Lucas, I love goldfish!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

All your fish are beautiful.Your mouse is a little cutie.
    What' wrong with the name Nemo?
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Thanks. Nemo's a cute name, it was the name of a former gerbil of mine, but then it became a movie name.

Lucas is beutiful! I wish I could come across some nice goldfish around here, but all they have in stock around here is black moors(& I'm not too fond of them).
    Lucy is so so cute!! I love her markings. Are they both pretty warmed up to you yet?

Thanks. Both Lucy and Corinna are used to being handled now. Corinna will climb right up my arm when I stick it in the cage, Lucy will wait until after she sees its safe for Corinna. She still nips once in a while though.