Thread: Vet came... Austin Update!!

Vet came... Austin Update!!

See old thread here .

The vet came out today finally, and Austin is fine. It was some fluid, and it will go away with some good exercise. I can finally ride again! I've been waiting to ride because I wasn't sure if it was ok to ride him or not. The vet did say that he is about 100 lbs over weight, so we're going to work on that, but it shouldn't be too hard to get that off of him. The vet also cleaned there "private regions" *inside* Both Austin and Cisco were VERY dirty, but Austin was very very well behaved..Cisco...not so much, the vet couldn't even finish, but he's better. Austin had a HUGE bean (the biggest the vet had ever seen). If you have horses..you'll know what a bean is, if not...well, it's hard to explain kinda.. so if someone wants to explain..feel free. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

I'm glad Austin is ok! I'm sure you're relieved. I don't know what you are talking about, the other stuff, not sure I want to know!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Glad to hear that Austin is all right! Sounds like the cure is a win win for both of you; just ride.

I'm so glad he's ok! I've been worried about him! Have fun riding again! sounds like he needs it!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I certainly could've gone a lifetime without knowing what a bean is but it's a part of the job I guess.

Simply put, it's a secretion, otherwise called smegma, build-up that accumulates (sort of kidney shaped, hence the "bean") in a pocket close to the urethra.

Poncho had one when we first got him.

We couldn't ride Poncho for about a month, not too long ago. He had gotten kicked by one of the girls and had a huge hematoma on his side and it was killing us. Glad your horse is good and I bet he can't wait to get back out there!

Thanks everyone!!

Austin's bean was about 1/2 " in diameter. It was HUGE. I can tell already he feels much better
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]