Thread: Anybody From RI Want a Temporary Dog?

Anybody From RI Want a Temporary Dog?

I just found this on the Rhode Island Craigslist. I sent it to my sister & asked her if she would house the dog temporarily. Of course, we'd have to go down & get it or the kid would have to bring it up here.

TEMPORARY HOME NEEDED!

My name is Chris, I am 28 years old, and I need a loving home for my beautiful Australian Shepherd named Riley, until mid-June. I'm not looking to give him away, because the truth is, that thought is unbearable to me. In fact, to be quite honest, it is agony for me that I have to part with him at all, for any amount of time. But I must, unfortunately, based things going on in my life right now.

Riley is a great dog. I've had Riley since he was just a puppy, and he will be 5 years old on April 12. He doesn't bark. He is very quiet. He is very well house trained, with good bladder retention. He can last 8-10 hours, although I try my best not to make him wait that long! He understands several commands, including verbal commands, and hand-signs. He is a non-dominant dog, with a submissive temperament. He has NEVER shown any signs of aggression, and has NEVER attacked anyone. He just wants to play. He loves showing off his toys, and playing with them. He loves romping around, and loves snoozing on soft and cushy things (like his bed. or mine!) He is a medium sized dog, and has no health problems. Riley only has two bad habits. That's it! Just two! The first is that when he is very excited to meet someone new, he will jump up. He has always done this, and it has been very hard to break, although, now that he has gotten older, he has mellowed-out a lot. The other bad habit is licking people. He loves to kiss! He will lick your hand, feet, or face if he can get to it, especially when he first meets people. Aside from that, he is very polite! And really, he is not a drooly slobbery dog.

Part of my current situation involves minimal income, so I would be mainly looking for someone that just loves dogs, and perhaps ideally someone who already HAS a dog, as Riley loves other dogs, and someone who would do this out of love for animals, rather than money. I realize this is a lot to ask, but I would pay for all his food, and his anti-flea/tick medications, and perhaps we could work out a nominal fee for looking after him.

The main point is that my dog is all I have. And I cannot bear the idea of saying goodbye to him forever. If you can help, please write, and tell me your situation. I know that beggars can't be choosers, but I need to know he is going to a good temporary home. I've included some pics of him, and him and me together . . .
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Oh the poor guy!!
    You can just tell that it's killing him to do this and that he loves his dog VERY much!
    I hope he finds someone to take the dog for a while for him!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Somebody posted a reply on craigslist:

chris call me about reilly

i cant seem to e mail you thru craislist. but i want to help out with him. please call me at XXX-XXX thanks janet
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I saw that. I had to wonder - if he has to put the dog in foster care cuz he can't afford it just now, HOW is he going to pay for the food etc? Maybe it was just poor writing skills.

I don't have a yard for that type of dog; less than a 1/4 acre and the house takes up most of it!