Thread: T.I.C.A. Cat Show last weekend 19 Pics

T.I.C.A. Cat Show last weekend 19 Pics

Hi Everyone!

Just got my photos from the cat show. I have attended before. If you haven't, here is a little info: you are NEVER permitted to touch a cat! Ask and on rare occassions petting may be permitted, if you use the offered bottle of Purell to clean your hands. Most show cat owners will ask you not to touch. Pictures are FINE! I asked before taking most of these, and everyone was very gracious. They frequently grabbed a feather -on-a-string to get the cat to look up. Baths are given at home, not at the show (unlike dog shows.) Last minute grooming is done here.

Most people in shows are also breeders and they work at their display set ups. Fancy! They would all fit right in here at Pet Talk - get any one at these shows talking about his or her cats, and you may be stuck there for a WHILE! I didn't take as many notes as I should have, so I can't tell you a lot about which cat you are looking at. I tried to get the sign in the photo.

There were 6 judging rings. The speakers were almost continuously announcing "all short haired kittens to Ring 5" "Persian Number 116, we are waiting for you in Ring 2" and so forth.

What you doing up there?

Bengals in the Ring:

A BIG male orange Maine Coon

Waiting for your announcement can get boring:

Can't talk now, they just called our group!

More coming!
    Last edited by Freedom; 03-14-2007 at 07:27 PM.

Whole lotta judging goin' on!

Catching up on some z's

These two on the bed were really cute kittens:

Turns out, one was still saying his prayers before he got in bed:

Although the sign says Persians and Himalayans, this one is an "exotic" due to the hair length.

Hold on, a few more to come!

This kitten was on exhibit only. He is a rare (in this country) Kurilian Bobtail, from the Kurilian Islands off Russia's coast. The woman has another breed which she shows. She has just started breeding these. There are not enough for them to compete in shows, yet. She gave me her web site for more info: www.LegacyKurilians.com

About a quarter of the room where the show was being held:

Since the show was at the R I Pet Expo, there was lots of other things to see. This was at the N E Rabbit Fanciers' booth. A 9 pound angora rabbit. Hadn't been sheared since last year. They had the spinning wheel there, set up, and demonstrated how they spin the sheared fur.

And, I know I posted this one before, but someone asked me where to get one, so I got the info. These are sold by the Seekonk (Massachusetts) animal shelter volunteers. They come in S, M, L and XL; they are "Hanes Authentic" T's. On the back it reads: Save A Pet Society Supports the Seekonk Animal Shelter, Seekonk, MA and the phone number. At the show, they were $5 each but that may be a show special. She will have to figure out something to add for shipping. Send an email message to: [email protected], and in the subject line, put: Susan - T Shirt.

That's all; hope you enjoyed!

Thank you, Freedom! What nice pictures. You really captured the flavor! Beautiful cats.. and I may have to get one of those t-shirts.

I LOVE cat shows. (I usually wind up spending a lot of time at the stands for shelters and rescue groups and at the ones where people are selling cat care items and toys and cat-lover thingies.)

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing these pictures with us.

For those of us who haven't gotten to attend any cat shows , Gameshow Network will be airing a CFA Catshow on March 27, at 8pm central (I may have the time wrong,but you cand check you listings).
    Love the pics!!! You did a good job representing all the areas and a bunch of the cats!!
    Mommy to Timothy, Cheese, Chaz and Junior...and RB Baby Doodles

Oooh Sandra, you didn't tell me you were going to a cat show! I have never been to one, and so want to go. Being in a room full of cats, is that heaven or what! Lol

Phesina, yes this was part of the R I Pet Show, held at the Convention Center. So there was lots of other stuff going on! Many many rescue groups were present, WITH rescue dogs, and selling items to raise funds. Siamese rescue didn't have any cats present, but did have a large booth. Iguana rescue had several reptiles on display. There was also an AKC Agility, AKC Rare Breeds, a fashion show, large birds of prey, K9 demo, Jungle Junction Parrots show, LOADS of things to see.

So glad everyone is enjoying these pictures!

So many gorgeous kitties! I bet a cat show is fun. I'd love to go but I think the one they used have here quit coming.

From Decker with Love

Hubby and I went to a cat show in Nashville a few years ago. That is where we fell in love with the Maine Coon breed! I was determined to have a M.C. one day, and by chance I have two from a young man going through a divorce. I absolutely adore Panda and Sammy!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Sadly the only Cat Shows that come into Hamilton come into Ancaster and theres no bus out that far.
    Its great seeing the Fabulous Cat and Kittens and getting great deals with the Pet Food Sales Reps is great too.
    And its amazing how those judges can see to the naked eye 6 Ctas who look the same and pick a winner.
    We are glad you had a great time.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks Gary! Yup, I came home with 6 free samples of cat kibble, and 5 free samples of dog kibble PLUS a doggie desert (which I already knew she likes).

Once the cats are in the cages in the Ring, the judge takes them one a ta time and brings the cat out of the cage and sits in on a table in the front. There are chairs around for spectators. The judge feels the cat all over, and checks to the standard. The replaces the cat. Makes some notes, washes her / his hands with Purell, and moves to the next cat. The only difference form a dog show is, they do NOT watch the cat walk!