Thread: Royal Canin

Royal Canin

I need opinions on the dog food Royal Canin... my friend wants to switch his malamutes to this? Any suggestions?

I have fed it in the past and would recommend it. Jasper did well on it for the first few months we had him.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

First off let me state that each dog or breed is different. What may work for one may or may not work for another.

Someone explained why the following may have happened. It was a long thread. I fed my German Shepherd the Royal Canin cat food and he did great on it, but when i switched him over to the dog food his health went down hill fast. He ended up getting a protein deficiency. Switched him back to the Wysong.

I have heard many other wonderful reviews though from people who feed Royal Canin. I've only heard one or two other complaints.

While I'd normally try and push trying Wysong, it didn't seem to be fatty enough for Koli (who is a Husky.) She end up having a mild version of what King had with the RC.

(I try foods with out supplements at first so I can see how good the food actually works for the dog.)

Let us know what your friend decides and how it works out! I always love hearing reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobas Mom
    I need opinions on the dog food Royal Canin... my friend wants to switch his malamutes to this? Any suggestions?

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

I love Royal Canin. I feed my dog and all of my cats Royal Canin. I ended up switching my cats to the Royal Canin indoor formula as one of my kitties is very prone to UTI. Ever since switching, I have not had a problem, so have stuck with it for all of my animals. I worked at a vet hospital, and both vets agreed it's one of the best foods on the market. Of course, like the above poster mentioned, all dogs/breeds are different, but in general I have no complaints about Royal Canin. Very good food!

It's full of crap! I'd recommend you go here http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=main You'd be suprise what you find

Jennifer & Johnnie the wild child

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers -