Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drowning...confusing question.

Drowning...confusing question.

I know this is a weird question, but I've always debated with people whether or not drowning would be painful.

I have always believed that drowning would be a very very painful way to die. I have been close to drowning once and I know it was extremely painful for me, it pains very sharply in the chest and you just want to find any morsel of air for the life of you.

I always thought that drowning must be basically like having a heart attack, because your heart is getting no more oxygen. Is this true? I know its hard to answer seeing as if you're alive you haven't died from drowning, but does anyone have any idea if drowning really is painful or not?

Sorry for the weird topic, it is just something that I have always wondered about and wondered if I was right or not when I say I think its painful.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

People say its peaceful...I don't know if they have asked people that have been resuccitated or what. That is what I remember hearing though.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

id assume it was very painful! you drown because there is no air in your body! i bet that destroys body tissue and muscle when you drown and well after you die. i bet that hurts alot!
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

I wouldn't think it would be painful, more like terrifying. More & more
    panic stricken when your mind realizes you are going to die.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yeah I've heard some people say that is is peaceful, but then again I have heard others say that it is pure agony...I know I would never want to drown.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

I almost drowned when I was little, I kept drinking the water lol. *Blah*

I put my arms in the air and tried to doggy paddle and thank God my dad came to the rescue!

I read that if the water is cold enough and a child drowns in the water, the child can still be saved even tho the heart has stopped beating, it has somthing to do with the body tempature.

I don't wanna know if it hurts or not. O.o

Someone once said it was peaceful and that you heard bells or chimes....maybe it's when the oxygen runs out. Never been there, hard to know.

I almost Drowned 2 yrs ago, and well it sucked! My chest hurt for days, and my whole body just felt bad! It was not an experiance I would ever want to repeat!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Very lucky that you are here to speak of it today. So I guess from your experience it does hurt...something I wouldn't want to experience.

I almost drowned once when I was little. It was very painful to say the least. I still didn't know how to swim so I was trying to get into those little doughnut things. While I was trying to get in, the thing flipped over and put me underwater. I kept drinking the water and breathed it in a bit too. My mom pulled me out by my foot and saved my life. It was so scary! Even after that I was scared to go into the water. I finally learned how to conquer my fears and now I know how to swim!
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

wow thats some good info
    Hi all cat lovers have a nice day. chack out my meassge Board at
    http://orangeangelcat.proboards22.com/index.cgi

I don't even want to think of drowning :S that would just be sad and i would think that it would be painfull. That would really hurt and suck.

*~Becky~*

I almost drowned a few years back on a white water rafting trip. The raft flipped and it landed, upside down on top of me. I had some room to try to breath, but the raft was stuck in the rapid and water was splashing up in my face constantly and I kept sucking in water. I've never felt so close to dyeing and I've never been so scared in my life.
    I knew all I had to do was take a deep breath and swim out from under it, but with the water splashing like crazy and every time I tried to take a deep breath all I got was water. I was 100% freaked out and thought I was going to die. I remember thinking about my family and how much I'd miss them. Then.. the next thing I knew, I somehow was out from under the raft. I have no idea how it happened. I was never able to take a breath big enough to swim out on my own because I had already sucked in so much water.
    Someone was with me in spirit that day watching over me and they had a hand in getting me out from under that raft, I could never have done it on my own.
    That was my first and LAST rafting trip.
    Drowning is NOT the way I would want to die.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I was gonna say that more than painful it would seem more terrifying and feeling desperate cause you know what´s coming so you panic......I think that when you lack air you black out, and then as you are unconcious (SP?) I´ve heard your lungs fill with water and you heart explodes ( well maybe not that drastically, but due to the pressure of water and all) and the little things in your lung I think alveoli or something too.......then your brain dies as consecuence of lack of oxygen........so maybe It would be painful until you pass out or if you make it, as said by many drowning experienced Pters,and their chests hurt afterward ........JMO
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Hmm what an odd topic, however i would like to think of it as being peaceful, my auntie comitted suicide by drowning herself, they say though because it was in Scotland, and at the time of year it was, the water was so cold, she would have had a heart attack and died very quickly, i can only hope so, it haunts me to this day.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️