Thread: 23 Pounds Later!!

23 Pounds Later!!

HOLY COW.. ( DOING the congo.. lol..) I would not suggest someone going this route- but it worked for me.
    I started to gain 20 pounds starting late last summer to december. My doctor said it was from a thyroid problem that was occuring from a " messed up hormone system".. Well since my last and final surgery in December- I went from a size 10 back down to a.. ( drum rollll please) SIZE 6!!!
    It feels great to wear jeans I have not worn since last summer.. ( doing the congo!!!) I know this sounds stupid- but it sure did help me feel great to try them on just for the heck of it! ( the dogs are dancing around with my congo- they think its cookie time.. lol.. duh no guys.. lol.. )
    I am not a tall woman - more average at 5'6.. But that sure did help- and now I am having a " fat pants" throw out party!!!

COngrats!!.....I sure could loose a few pounds.......weell not that few but still.....
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Congrats!!!
    A pet is for life not for christmas

If you BUY you give an animal a home, if you ADOPT/REHOME you give an animal a life

Well- I wouldn't suggest the method that had to take place- but its nice to see " the old me" in the mirror..
    Last edited by borzoimom; 02-24-2007 at 05:47 AM.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Conga-Rats! Size 6 feels good, doesn't it?

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd
    Conga-Rats! Size 6 feels good, doesn't it?
    ITS AMAZING! I feel like I did before all this stuff happened- but better.. Now - if I only had somewhere to go.. hmmmmm...

Congratulations!!!! You better be careful with all the popcorn that Dr. Goodnow has been popping lately. Just make sure it's butter free. I'm kidding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Quote Originally Posted by Lobodeb
    Congratulations!!!! You better be careful with all the popcorn that Dr. Goodnow has been popping lately. Just make sure it's butter free. I'm kidding.
    Well virtual popcorn doesnt add weight but it sure does make you laugh.. lol..

Congratulations!

I wish my fat pants were a slim size 10... lol. *sigh*

Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom
    DITTO!!! LOL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom
    NO kidding! Size 10 would be WAY skinny pants for me!!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Congrats!

I am just glad to " have me back".. No matter what I did those months- the weight would not go back down. I was relieved to see it was thyroid triggered by the hormone system- but that still didnt help how I felt about myself when I looked in the mirror..
    I am hoping the weight change will make it easier for the metal plate in my left leg, and the bad knee in the right cope better to SHOW MY OWN DOGS in the ring again.. Just not sure yet if I can keep up with Zubin especially on uneven ground- but I am sure going to try... Although I trained zubin and Galina, I use one part of the yard or the front driveway or a parking lot to do it. Zubin tends to be more of a clown and not as serious. Although he is has fun in training- they are supposed to look " dignified and regel" in the ring ... And I get " I LOVE YOU MOM!!" LOL..

Yay! congrats! I bet you must feel sooo good I'm glad that you were able to lose that weight for yourself

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo