Thread: *Journal* Raising Queen's Babies

Hybrid View

Get a plain sponge (clean) or one made specifically as filter media and a clean rubber band. Fold the sponge in half around the air stone and rubber band it in place. This will weaken the current. This is basically what a sponge filter is, a sponge around an air stone.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452
    Get a plain sponge (clean) or one made specifically as filter media and a clean rubber band. Fold the sponge in half around the air stone and rubber band it in place. This will weaken the current. This is basically what a sponge filter is, a sponge around an air stone.
    Great Idea, I will look into it, I don't get paid til next week so next week I'll look for a sponge!

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Hey! Your prayers must have worked because Little Guy is feeling much better today! I woke up and he is swimming around so happily like nothing ever happened. I am scared about one thing though. Where his fin got so many slices in it I hope he doesn't get the fin rotting disease, I've had fish that if their tail gets hurt, they get the disease, and I don't want him too I hope he doesn't and it just keeps healing

Also, today the babies are amazingly good They are all out and swimming all over the tank and they have gotten a tiny bit bigger, still not big enough for a camera to pick up any good, but big enough that they are much stronger and swimming much longer. I can't wait til they get a little more bigger so I can take pics of the them

Kalei

There is a product you can buy called Stress Coat. I got it at Walmart. It's not very expensive. It's supposed to increase the slime coating on fishes' skin, prevent stress, and help with any minor scale/slime coating loss due to being caught in a net, etc. I put it in my tank when I have to net fish or do a water change. It DOES seem to help.

I honestly don't know about using it on goldfish, since I have tropical fish. I can't imagine it would hurt though, and it might help heal your fishies tail and scales. Might be worth a try?

And don't feel guilty ... accidents happen, no matter how careful we are. We all know you love your fishies and trying very hard to do the best for them.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Thank you very much Twisterdog Tonight I am going to the theatre and then after the movie up to wal-mart, so I will buy some stress coat. I think I seen it there before and it like only 2 bucks or something close to that. so I'll buy some and hopefully it will help my Little Guy get healing good and fast

I have more good news! I saved 8 more babies out of the 50 gallon. Usually I find some here and there floating by the top of the tank or near the filter and I just scoop them up. I really have no idea how many babies are actually in my baby tank, all I know is there is way more than 20 now and when they get big enough they will have to have new homes lol. It wouild be too crowded in there.

and more good news is that I will be able to take pics of them soon enough. My camera is picking them up as a brown blurry blob, which means as long as they keep getting bigger I will be able to get pics very soon I know there is many of you who can't wait to see pics lol.

Kalei

Hi Everyone!

I got two pics of goldfish eggs to try and help you guys to know what they are like Really they are just really small round white eggs. The white eggs mean they are not fertilized by the male, and the clearish eggs are the ones that have been fertilized. Here's two pics:
    This one shows all those little white dots on the ground is the round white eggs.

This is a fertilized egg really close up. Eggs usually always stick to things.

And I know how much everyone has been wanting to see pics of the babies...so I didn't get pics of mine because my camera doesn't see them...but I got a pic of one really close up from google and thought I'd show ya!
    And this is what the little babies look like Except a million times smaller lol.

And today my babies are still doing great! They don't need to be switched food until next tuesday. So today I went up to Pet's Unlimited to find Brine Shrimp, since that's what I am suppose to switch them to are two weeks of being hatched. And they only had Brine Shrimp Flakes and it said for Tropical Fish...well goldfish aren't tropical. So I went to the store lady to ask if they have any normal Brine Shrimp. They said that the Brine Shrimp flake should be okay and that it can be for Goldfish even though it says for tropical fish only...then to add to that they said "Your babies shouldn't even need brine shrimp...just by goldfish flakes and break them up.

I definately didn't buy any food from them. I mean babies need these certain foods because its what makes them grow, if they don't get it and I only feed them flakes, then they won't grow bigger...the store clerks surprise me sometimes lol. Oh well...Wal-mart I know for sure had the right type of Brine Shrimp. So I'll go there.

Kalei

Hikari brand baby goldfish food is a very good choice as well.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Thanks, I'll remember that brand

Kalei

Thats so awesome that your GF have babies! I've had gldfish for 5 years now and I've never had one have any babies!!!!!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Cool! what do GF eggs look like?

YEA!!! PICS ARE COMMING SOON!!!

Sweet!

How little guy gets better!!