Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Results from our first Rally trial (*3 pics and a video*)

Results from our first Rally trial (*3 pics and a video*)

Nova and I had our first rally trial this weekend. On Saturday we did pretty good, the errors we made were mostly my fault, except for the sloppy sits Nova got 85/100 points and qualified for the first leg of her RN title. Here she is with her ribbon.

And here is the video of our run (click the picture).

Today wasn't as good - Nova was very inattentive of me and I could tell she'd rather have been doing something else. We still qualified, which was really all that I wanted, but I wish we could have done better. We got 81/100 points. Here she is with her ribbon.

Close-up

So she has two legs, and needs one more for her title. We're traveling to Pensacola in a couple weeks to try and get the last leg, and I'll be taking Buck as well in hopes to get his first two legs. We also might be traveling to a dock dogs event this weekend, but we're not sure just yet.

Way to go Nova and Sarah. The pics were great and I really enjoyed watching the video. You make me want to go and work with my girls.

Hugs to Nova for a job well done!

AWESOME job, you two! And congrats on your 2/3 legs

Now, in Rally, are you allowed to see the course beforehand, or do you have to "sightread" it when you get into the ring? (like, in agility, the judge gives you a course map...does this happen in rally, too?)

Kristen & the Dynamutts...

Thank you both!

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide
    Now, in Rally, are you allowed to see the course beforehand, or do you have to "sightread" it when you get into the ring? (like, in agility, the judge gives you a course map...does this happen in rally, too?)
    Yeah, you get a map and you are allowed to walk it a few times without the dog, just like agility

What a good girl she is. The last two pictures are really neat, what a cool background.

I have to admit, not knowing anything about rally, I was quite confused when you said she had 2 legs. From what I saw, she had 4 completely fine legs when I met her.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    I have to admit, not knowing anything about rally, I was quite confused when you said she had 2 legs. From what I saw, she had 4 completely fine legs when I met her.
    LOL! "legs" are the qualifying scores needed to complete a title

And thanks for the info, Sarah! Rally might be something I try with Kayla sometime.

Kristen & the Dynamutts...

I had figured that after reading on, but I had to make fun of myself anyways.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    Oops, I guess I should have explained that better

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide
    And thanks for the info, Sarah! Rally might be something I try with Kayla sometime.
    Sure, no problem! To be honest, Nova and I haven't practiced in ... oh, say, a year or so! I only practiced with her the two nights before the show, but other than that, we haven't done anything really since rally class last year And actually, I just started teaching Buck tonight some of the things he'd need to know, and he picked it up really quick. The Novice class isn't too hard - though some of the exercises are somewhat hard and if you perform it incorrectly, you lose 10 points (which happened to me both days ). When you get to the advanced class, the dog is off leash, so it is much harder.

Great job! Good luck getting your last leg, I'm sure you both will do great!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Way to go Nova!
    I like those last 2 pictures, I'll watch the video in a bit

Congradulations Nova! You did awesome! And made your human very proud What a beautiful hard earned ribbon.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

She looks so happy when she grabbed the lead in her mouth! Good Job Nova! This looks like something that Niño could do because he'd stay on lead the whole time.

Niño & Eliza

That is wonderful, you must be so pleased! Watching the video, I felt like Nova was saying, "give me something hard, this is too easy!" Ha ha.

Keep us posted how the two dogs - and you - progress!!!

Congrats! Visa and Solo have their first trial next month. Is that AKC rally? It looks alot like CKC rally, which I'm hoping to start soon. We're doing CARO rally right now which is very hard, the courses are all over the place rather than in straight lines. Hopefully my guys will Q like Nova did! Pretty rosette, too! Love the green.
    I've been BOO'd!

Hey, qualifying is a greyt accomplishment in itself! Very cool video. I enjoyed watching that alot and it makes for a greyt educational video for those who don't know what Rally-O is I might have to borrow that one day