Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fear aggression

fear aggression

What would you do if you have a 2 yr old in the home?

when I put my hands on runner a way that she might think I might pick her up, she yelps, pees and tries to nip. She sounds terrified.

The other day I took her over to my neighbors.And when it was time to leave, she wouldn't come. I grabbed her colar and she would not budge she liked it so much. But she would yelp and pee too. Once I got her going, I let her go to go in. But she ran right back out to the neighbors lol. I'm telling you she liked it over there. I ended up having to pick her up to carry her home. Sounding like I was beating her.

Will she always be this way? Sometimes it seems likes it's getting worse. What if someone pushes the wrong button and she bites for real?

Should she go to an adult home w/ no kids. Or do you think we can nip this in the bud?

I also emailed the psychic Nancy, she says she will read her in 2 weeks. I'm trying to google what to do. I'm not finding much on this. But I am finding that other aggressive behavior is fixable.

If you can't find anything to help her, I would call a professional behaviorist.

Kiara has fear 'aggression' so to speak, she barks ferociously when she is scared. But, she's never nipped. If she did, I would totally call a behaviorist.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

TOTALLY.. I am sorry but a case like that can not be solved on the internet- even this one..

I would forego the Nancy thing. I agree that a behaviourist would be in the cards. This can be totally controlled and fixed, but it takes patience,very tiny steps and gradual buildup. rushing things will only make it worse.

How much would it cost?

Depends on the actual behaviorist. Search for them in your area.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

wed at 10. free consult

In this area, there is a behaviorist that works with the humane society. The reason is to keep the dog in the home. Contact your local humane society for suggestions

For an Immediate solution while seeking a more permanent one, let the dog wear a leash whenever she is supervised. By doing this you'll always be able to gain control without having to pick her up.

The more you chase after her and pick her up the worse she's going to get. You're reinforcing unacceptable behavior.

Not quite sure of the two year old comment. Is the dog two or is there a two year old child in the home?
    To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

You need to take her to the behaviorist. perhaps she was abused and needs her space? because if you give her to someone else, they will probably have the same problems with her. just try to work with her the best you can.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Quote Originally Posted by ashleycat
    wed at 10. free consult
    good..

I hope you can find out what's bothering her. It sure seems like she's been doing this for awhile. I hope she's not in pain or hurting in any way. Maybe arthritis or something? Good luck in finding out what's wrong.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Good for you on calling a behavorist. Hope everything goes well, and works out for you & Runner.

I'm not sure if Rita is fear agressive or not, but she is VERY agressive with other dogs, not including Sadie. Rita must not relize that Sadie is a dog, too. I would love to have the Dog Whisperer rehabilitate her. He seems to know his stuff.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Start on your NILIF training too...believe me, it helps. I would also try not to do anything to encourage any kind of nipping as far as you can help it until the behaviorist can give you some help.

Here's a link to the NILIF. It's easier than you think.
    http://k9deb.com/nilif.htm

They want $700 for 2 week in boarding session. She says she has been abused They want half if I take her in, then pay what I can after.

Will nilf fix this? I know it worked for Charlie, but how will it not make her scared. I know the lady said she needs socialization socialization socialization.

Guess we'll be going to the park a lot more.