Thread: Help for an Irish Setter

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Help for an Irish Setter

I am cross-posting this from the IMOM Board. This family is looking for some help for Sadie, their Irish Setter. They are not a member of this board so please contact them directly if you have any ideas on groups who can help them raise the funds to save her. Their e-mail address is: [email protected] I've copied and pasted the posting below:

hightechtreasures Today, 07:59 AM Post #1

Hello -

We have a 4 month old Irish Setter puppy that has been diagnosed with an osteophyte cranial right shoulder joint and probable bicipital tenden rupture. She is on pain meds currently and needs surgery. None of the vets in our city do this surgery and we have been referred to the vet hospital in Green Bay. Our vet said that she could go about another month before permanent damage starts to develop in her shoulder. My husband called the hospital in Green Bay and they said the surgery normally runs from $1,600 to $2,000. That news brought my 40 year old husband to tears. I got him this puppy for his 40th birthday in November. He has wanted an irish setter puppy since I have known him. He still carries a photo of the Irish Setter he had as a child in his wallet. He had that dog for 15 years and she died of old age when he was a yound adult. We are both very hard working adults who make a reasonable income. We have 3 little boys. We have made some bad financial decisions in our life and are trying to make up for them. There is no way that we could afford this surgery and have had people tell us to just put her down. She is part of our family, how could we do that? We tried applying for Care Credit, but it was declined. We thought about selling doggie treats on Ebay or something like that, but I am worried that it would never be enough. I would really like to fill out one of your applications, but I don't see that this is available yet. Is there a way for someone to e-mail us at [email protected] when this is available?
    Thanks you so much!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Here is a photo of Sadie from her Daddy.

Sadie is in Wisconsin

Jenny (Sadie's mom) e-mailed me to say that "....I do have a small business of making photo slide shows. I wonder if I could do something that like that for pet owners to raise money."

I have no idea what her rates are, but if anyone is interested in getting a slide show made of their bridge babies or fur babies or "skin" babies
    please contact her at: [email protected]