Thread: Yay To Shelter Workers In Virginia!!!

Yay To Shelter Workers In Virginia!!!

Hi everyone!

I just read this and HAD to post it. Three cheers for the rescue workers in Arlington, VA!!

.Shelter employees caught in kitten rescue scheme

Arlington, Virginia-AP -- At least five workers at a Virginia animal shelter have resigned -- over their part in a scheme to save kittens.

The Washington Post says the workers had been taking home kittens that were to be euthanized and later returning them to the Arlington County shelter to be put up for adoption.

The paper says in some cases, the workers falsified documents to show that the animals actually had been put to death. They resigned when administrators found out.

The former employees say they broke the rules because the Arlington shelter, unlike many others, doesn't have a fostering program in which young or sick animals are cared for in individuals' homes rather than immediately put to death.

One of them says they couldn't bear to see baby animals dying just because they'd been born.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Former User Guest
    YAY, YAY, YAY!! Good job! I'm glad they did that, I hope that opened few eyes now at the shelter.

Great job!!!

Save the poor kitties!!!!

Too bad they resigned..... It is sad the shelter has such a crooked police.... three cheers for their heroic effort.....
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Good job. They may have gotten fired but at least they can go to bed at night knowing they at least tried.

Sammi,

AMEN TO THAT!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!