Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Biggles is being put to sleep tomorrow

Mr. Biggles is being put to sleep tomorrow

All Chad did was open the laundry door, as it was bed time & Mr. Biggles lundged at him & sunk his teeth into Chads whrist not letting go. Chad is bleeding pretty bad & his whrist is swollen. Chad is shaking like a leaf & scared to death of Mr. Biggles... Hes been around many dogs & had a dog all his life & was never bitten like that.

& yes I did end up telling Chad he bit me earlier. I sat down with him yesterday & told him.

& no Mr. Biggles wasn't wearing his anti-bark collar.

Mr. Biggles has snapped randomly at times but nothing like this. I was even at petsmart getting info on their dog training at lunch today for him, to help with the snapping.

But like I said earlier I will NOT tollerate an attack that was unprevoked (there has to be one hell of a good reason to attack)...

Whats sad is that Mr. Biggles had been cuddling with Chad all evening!

I'm just going to say... I would NEVER go to PetSmart for advice. On anything.

Poor Mr. Biggles.

Give him a big bear hug for me, please.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM
    I'm just going to say... I would NEVER go to PetSmart for advice. On anything.

Poor Mr. Biggles.
    Not advice from a clerk, they have dog training at our location.

I am very sorry things have turned out this way for you.

I wish you comfort and a hug, sometimes even the best of intentions go badly. I am glad that he knew love and had a champion in his corner, Jess sometimes all the love in the world cannot overcome the past. I think Mr. Biggles had true friend in you , and probably for the first time.

Godspeed to the RB where all will be well, and your suffering and emotional pain is gone Mr.B!
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Poor Biggles, and poor you and Chad. What a hard situation for everybody.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

So Sad!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow
    I am very sorry things have turned out this way for you.

I wish you comfort and a hug, sometimes even the best of intentions go badly. I am glad that he knew love and had a champion in his corner, Jess sometimes all the love in the world cannot overcome the past. I think Mr. Biggles had true friend in you , and probably for the first time.

Godspeed to the RB where all will be well, and your suffering and emotional pain is gone Mr.B!

Thank You... I know he was difficult at times, but he was still a sweet cuddle bug. We had made soooooooo much progress with him & this really really sucks.

I can only wonder what his old owners had done to him. But saddly an agressive dog like him doesn't belong in a human society & its purely in his & our best interest for him to be put down.

Chad is still shaking & really really stressed. He doesn't want Mr. Biggles to die, but he knows its the best, cause what if it was a child?

I'm truly sorry that you're the ones that have been forced to make this heartbreaking decision.

Mr Biggles should never have been re-homed in the first place. It seems that there is a never ending number of pet owners that let their dogs get away with unacceptable behavior for years. Then one day they've had enough and dump the dog in a shelter.

They're just ignorant enough to think that there are hundreds of wonderful doggie retirement homes lined up just waiting to take their older problem pets off their hands. They convince themselves that the dog will be "better off" and will live "happily ever after". It seldom works out that way!
    To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

Quote Originally Posted by applesmom
    I'm truly sorry that you're the ones that have been forced to make this heartbreaking decision.

Mr Biggles should never have been re-homed in the first place. It seems that there is a never ending number of pet owners that let their dogs get away with unacceptable behavior for years. Then one day they've had enough and dump the dog in a shelter.

They're just ignorant enough to think that there are hundreds of wonderful doggie retirement homes lined up just waiting to take their older problem pets off their hands. They convince themselves that the dog will be "better off" and will live "happily ever after". It seldom works out that way!

I completely agree. Not only does the dog suffer, but the new owners aswell.

None of us have ever had to make this kind of choice & never thought we would have too. Its one thing to put a dog down when its really ill & suffering in pain... But Mr. Biggles is a healthy dog.

I've told Chad & Andrew to stay away from Mr. Biggles. I will deal with him 100%. I'll put him outside to pee & will handle him. Yes I have a fear of being bitten, but I'm now expecting it, so I can handle the situation MUCH better, without harming Mr. Biggles to gain control (Scruffing him is what I did tonight to safely gain control of him).

THIS JUST SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Heart breaking for all concerned -
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

awwwwww poor mr.biggles

Quote Originally Posted by king2005
    I can only wonder what his old owners had done to him. But saddly an agressive dog like him doesn't belong in a human society & its purely in his & our best interest for him to be put down.

Chad is still shaking & really really stressed. He doesn't want Mr. Biggles to die, but he knows its the best, cause what if it was a child?
    Do you have any children? Because if you don't live with any, I don't see why this dog couldn't be kept away from them.

It sounds to me like Mr. Biggles might possibly be helped by professional trainers. Has he been seen by any? Has he seen a vet to make sure there isn't some underlying health issue?

I really don't see how it could ever be in a dog's best interest to kill it, unless it is really suffering and about to die already. You have an aggressive dog. I don't know, maybe this dog is really "beyond" any kind of help or training, but I doubt it.

I agree that some professional help might be in order for Mr. Biggles. I don't think it's fair to put him down because of this. IMO, it seems like you have given up on him.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I was trying to seek help for his snapping, something we all can handle until corrected. But this attack was BAD.. this just wasn't a bite, it was an attack. I'm sorry, but I have stated how I feel about dogs that attack before. There is NO place for them in a human society. I'm positive this wasn't his first attack either.

I've spoken to several people & they all feel the same way we do.

Keeping the dog away from children isn't going to help. HE'S ATTACKING US!! I'm not going to live in fear & the dog shouldn't have to go through feeling unwanted because of this attack.

Sometimes the best option is to have the dog destroyed, as it can never be trusted ever again. Trust is very important!! & there is none now.

If it was just a bite & release then ya, he wouldn't be destroyed as nipps & bites can be corrected & the dog can be trusted later on.. But NOT with an attack...

If your best friend mauld someone, would you still feel the same?? More then likely no, you'd more then likely would say the dog is helpless & its in everyones best interest to have it destroyed... Mr. Biggles is too small to be able to maul someone to death of Chad's size, but he damn well tried to maul Chad & Chad had to fight to get him off!

I'm sorry but he's being put down & do not try to put me down because my dog attacked someone & I feel its best to have him put down.. Its hard enough as it is!

Have you ever been attacked by a dog before?
    Your never the same. Sometimes you have to think about people first.
    I had to move Mr. Biggles last night after the attack & Chad saw him. Poor Chad screamed in fear & threw whatever he was holding & hit me with it. He ran into the office to get away & kept yelling to keep him away. Thats fair right??

Ultimately he is your responsibility and it is your decision to make. I don't think you would consider this option if there was any other route
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk