Thread: Daisy is going back to the vet

Daisy is going back to the vet

A couple of years ago Daisy had a lump removed from her back leg (I don't remember what the vet called it) last year she had some moles removed, two were cancerous. Tonight while I was brushing her I found another lump like the first one only smaller on her back leg. So Monday as soon as I can I am going to make an appointment. Dose anybody know if cocker's are prone to cancer I tried to look it up online but didn't see anything about it online.http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...4-5-100014.jpg
    YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TO MANY FRIENDS

Cockers can have cancers, but the ones that have the highest incidence are boxers, rottweilers, and even dobes. Considering there was cancer already found before, I do believe this has to be ruled out. Let us know how it goes- and both of you will be in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by whomeee
    A couple of years ago Daisy had a lump removed from her back leg (I don't remember what the vet called it) last year she had some moles removed, two were cancerous. Tonight while I was brushing her I found another lump like the first one only smaller on her back leg. So Monday as soon as I can I am going to make an appointment. Dose anybody know if cocker's are prone to cancer I tried to look it up online but didn't see anything about it online.http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...4-5-100014.jpg
    Cockers are prone genetically to Histiocytoma, which are usually (but not always) non-malignant, and tend not to undergo metastasis. They frequently reoccur at the original site. Moles could lead to melanoma. So you need to keep observing for unusual growths.

Basically due to irresponsible breeding we have a cancer crisis developing in our dogs. The incidence keeps increasing. Very few breeders are the least bit interested in keepinig histories of cancer, and taking appropriate action.

Over night stay

The vet is going to keep Daisy then in the morning he is going to do surgery tommrow after work we have to call and see if she can come home. He is also going to remove two moles. I know she will be ok but ill still worry.

Daisy is home

Everything is ok surgery went fine the vet removed the bubble and found even more moles, but didnt think anything was cancerous thank God!

Quote Originally Posted by whomeee
    Everything is ok surgery went fine the vet removed the bubble and found even more moles, but didnt think anything was cancerous thank God!
    I have been waiting for news- and sooooooo relieved!!! That is wonderful news! Just wonderful!

Thank You

I was sure she would be fine but you never know when it comes to surgery