Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember This Guy? **UPDATE**

Remember This Guy? **UPDATE**

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show...light=schnapps

I finally captured him this evening and he's at the vets to be neutered tomorrow. We're also having him tested and his shots. He's really friendly so I know he is, or at one time was, a neighborhood pet. Since he's been coming around our place, eating our cats food, spraying and causing havoc, and not neutered...he will be now!

If he does belong to someone guess they just got a freebee!!!
    Last edited by K & L; 01-09-2007 at 06:01 PM.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

YAY! He is SO handsome, Lisa! Good job!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

What pretty coloring! I love him!

~Aki
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller
    ------------------------------------------------
    Chuck (rb) meowmie misses you!

------------------------------------------------

thanks kittycats_delights for the sig!

Yes, I remember this handsome guy. I'm so glad that you were able to trap him and that he'll be getting neutered,tested, and his shots. Great work!!!

Will be interesting to see if he is microchipped...no tattoo?

BEAUTIFUL baby! Thanks for helping him out!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I noticed you are in Glendale. If you take him to Friends for Life in Gilbert, they can scan to see if he's microchipped. Your local vet may be able to scan also.

He's a beautiful cat!

I remember him. Glad you caught him. Good luck on your snip tomorrow handsome guy!

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom
    I noticed you are in Glendale. If you take him to Friends for Life in Gilbert, they can scan to see if he's microchipped. Your local vet may be able to scan also.

He's a beautiful cat!
    Thanks for the info. Our vet always checks this for us if we bring in a tame. Regardless if he's owned, he will now be fixed.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Well done on a good job! It just annoys me, I wish people would neuter their cats, grrrrrrrr. Imagine how many unwanted babies that Schnapps has fathered already!

Schnapps is gorgeous! I don't remember seeing him before.
    We once spayed someone else's cat by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Killearn Kitties
    Schnapps is gorgeous! I don't remember seeing him before.
    We once spayed someone else's cat by mistake.
    Our spaying/neutering isn't by mistake. If they're hanging around our house, or the park, and not fixed - they're going to be fixed. We've dealt with way too many unwanted litters for many years now. Schnapps will be much better off now and so will my household! He's been marking his territory, which in turn has caused ours to do the same.

Lisa,

Great job AGAIN!!! Schnapps is beautiful!! And very lucky to have you!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

He's a beauty!!! Good job once again at trapping.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Quote Originally Posted by K & L
    Our spaying/neutering isn't by mistake. If they're hanging around our house, or the park, and not fixed - they're going to be fixed. We've dealt with way too many unwanted litters for many years now. Schnapps will be much better off now and so will my household! He's been marking his territory, which in turn has caused ours to do the same.
    Oh yes, I understand that and I agree with what you are doing.

When we spayed the wrong cat, we had no experience with cats at all. We thought we had caught the right one (Jessica). We realised our mistake a few months later.

Schnapps is doing very well. He tested negative, got all his shots, and had a huge abscess on his leg. They shaved that area and gave him a shot of antibiotics. He came home, ate, and is now released. Glad I got him in there with the looks of that abscess. Of course he wasn't microchipped. I always figure if they're not fixed then no one took the time to have him microchipped. I sure hope he decides to hang around here more often now. Thanks everyone!