Thread: An update on us....

An update on us....

I feel like I hardly have time to surf pettalk anymore, but I do try and read threads here and there. It's been a while so I just thought I would give you an update.

I posted a few weeks back about a problem we are having with Marigold marking in the house. We started her on some anti-anxiety meds and so far so good!! She is really like a different cat now -- always using her litterbox, soo much more cuddly, better tempered etc. etc. I am so happy for the change in her, and am keeping my fingers crossed that this will keep up once the baby comes, too. The one thing I am concerned about is that she has quit eating wet food. Normally she loooooves wet food, comes running when she hears the can-opener leave the drawer, purrs and meows around my legs. She still does all that, but now she turns her nose up at it, eats a few bites and leaves the rest. That's totally not like her at all!!!

Malone & Emerson are doing awesome. Since I quit my job, Malone has settled down sooo much!! He is turning into a lazy bum boy and looooves to lay in the sunshine all morning. Emerson is still the wiggliest boy in the universe but recently we have been battling with BAD breath! I have started brushing his teeth every 2-3 days with baking soda, and so far no change. I don't know if it might be something in his digestive track or WHAT, but it'll knock you down! We gotta figure this out.

Also, wanted to let you know that I had my 34 week appointment today, an ultrasound, and a non-stress test. Everything is looking great with the baby, and we are right on target for mid-February. We verified today that "she" is really a she. When we were on the monitor for the non-stress test, she got the hiccups, and it was hillarious-- HIC-cup HIC-cup! We are in the process of getting the nursery furniture together. So, we are getting closer and I can't wait to meet our new non-furry baby!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years. I didn't stay up this year which is a first in a long time.

Glad to hear that everything is going well (except Emerson's breath, lol). Just don't forget to let us know when that little girl is about to make an arrival.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that all is well.

Thanks for the update Anna! Great news about Marigold, Malone, and the baby. Thought of any names yet?

Sorry to hear about Emerson's breath. Don't have any suggestions. My two have typical dog breath but it's not unbearable unless they get into poop.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Anna, I am so excited for you!!! Little girls are so special.

I'm glad Marigold is doing better, too!!! One less worry!!!!!

Logan

Oh the long awaited ultrasound!

Keep us posted- we are waiting for the news... lol..

I'm happy to hear that Marigold is doing better.
    Does the medicine she's on decrease her appetite maybe?
    I'm glad that your Lab boys are doing well.
    I just replied in your thread with the ultrasound photos.
    Do you have any photos of the nursery yet or maybe pictures of Marigold, Malone and Emerson to share?
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I will definitely try and get some new pictures of my three fur babies soon! Marigold has been so cute recently snoozing in the bay window amidst the plants, and I keep thinking that they would make a perfect photo opportunity. So I will have to dust off the camera and put it to use!! Thank you for asking.

Also, our nursery right now is a work in progress -- filled with various boxes, and a crib-half-put-together; patched walls; and needing the border to be put up. But I will take pictures when we get it done, hopefully in the next week or so.

And BTW, thank you so much for the Christmas card, Vermontcat! It was such a lovely surprise!

Any names for your little girl, yet?

Also, when you dust that camera off Nala would like to see some pictures of her boyfriend and his brother!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Anna I'm happy to hear that things are going well for you and the family. I bet your so excited to have this baby, I know I would be
    Take care of yourself and I'll be waiting to see some much missed pictures of your fur family.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    Any names for your little girl, yet?

Also, when you dust that camera off Nala would like to see some pictures of her boyfriend and his brother!
    Yup! We have a name all picked out, but shhhhh!!!! it's a SECRET! This is probably the hardest secret that I have ever kept in my life, so many people want to know. But I haven't even told anybody yet!!!

The good news is that I found my camera battery today so now I just have to charge it up! Pictures coming soon!