Thread: Please Help!!! Animal Angel Fund

Please Help!!! Animal Angel Fund

Today after meeting a wonderful little guy named "DOC" a few of us that work at VCA Tomball ANimal Hospital came up with the Animal Angel Fund.

We are accepting donations that will currently be used for DOC... He is a 6 mo. old Australian Shephard puppy that was HBC and has broken hips. His owners decided to euthanize but we talked them into relinguishing him to us instead, so we could pay for his several thousand dollars of vet care and save his life.
    He will be having orthopedic surgery to repair his hips next week, as well as a neuter, and be updated on all his vaccinations. THen he faces several long months of rehabilitation. I will be fostering him through this time.

THe veterinarian at our hospital who preforms our orthopedic procedures has donated his time to perform the surgery as well as several other employees.

If you can please donate to his care it will be greatly appreciated.

Send donations to
    ANIMAL ANGEL FUND
    c/o Bethanie Ash
    25911 Penguin Drive
    Magnolia Texas 77355

Any additional funds will be used to help other animals in need of major medical procedures that would otherwise be euthanized. Or animals that are abandoned at our clinic and we feel are good canidates for adoption.
    Unfortunately our hospital requires payment in full and won't allow any animals that are strays unless an employee pays boarding from their own pocket... so this will allow us to help these animals.

THank you,
    Bethanie Ash

Also, imom.org does matching funds, but you have to apply before the surgery. Have a boo and see if dear DOC qualifies!

I wish the dear boy well!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks.

We are going to be doing the surgery on Weds morning. The doctor is donating the surgery. What is left to pay for is the anesthesia, pain medications, hospitalization, iv fluids, ecg monitoring and bloodwork before the surgery and in hospital rehabilitation.

We were able to set up jars at quite a few other local places that we conduct business with asking for donations for DOC's surgery.

Today I was actually off, but I went up to visit him today and take him out. He is such a brave little pup. He wagged his tail and tried to stand up. My daughter (who is 5) sat with him on the floor of the kennel and he just scooted over to her and layed his head in her lap, then would start up at her. We brought him a few toys and a nice thick blanket today so that he would be more comfortable in the cage.

With a towel under his hips as a sling to take pressure off of his back end, he is able to go out to the bathroom... which is wonderful. He is eating and drinking and hopefully as soon as he has his surgery will be back to his self.

Bethanie