Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Designer breeds in toys now????

Designer breeds in toys now????

Build-a-bear workshop now has a stuffed Maltipoo!!!!! what the heck!! so now are all little kids gonna want this mixed breed dog??? seems like the BYB of this breed are gonna get rich quick!! so disgusting!!

http://www.buildabear.com/shop/brows...egory=Maltipoo
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Great more kids are going to want a one for a pet What are people thinking or not thinking.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Ugh, I saw that a few weeks ago and was not thrilled with them.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I see it two ways:

1 - It's a greyt irony! Part of the proceeds will go to animal shelters/welfare (or so they say), which kind of plays on the notion that many mixed breeds end up at the shelter anyways so why the fancy name. OR..

2 - They're just stupid and don't realize what a mockery and hypocritical statement they're making.

I think it's #2 Honestly, the less material goods we desire, the less we suffer. Simple.

I see stuff like that all the time-especially on things like keychains, plaques, etc. (I Love My Cockapoo!) I'm ready to write to those companies saying, why can't you make one for ME saying I Love My Huskashepralabracolliedoodle. They can at least do that if they're going to start making signs with mixed breeds on it.

I remember the days when they would lable any scruffy dog like that 'Mutt'. Shirts, keychains etc. would all say "I love my Mutt". I bet in like 10 years the word 'mixed breed' or 'mutt' will totally vanish and instead they will give them all these retarded 'fancy names'. *People walking in a Humane Society. Sees cute dog. Looks at name* "This is Max. He is a 4 year old borderretrieverdoodle"

*sigh*
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

Yuck! I saw that on a commercial a week ago and it's so sick! I was thinking well atleast their isn't a build-a-bear around and what do I find when I go shopping this weekend? A Build-a-bear place. Why not make a cute little mixed breed and call it a mutt instead of calling it a maltipoo and making it more popular.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

That's pretty sad indeed.

We bought the updated version of Monopoly a few weeks ago, because our old one was worn out. The scotty dog has been replaced by a ... labradoodle. Seriously. I used to always be the dog when we played. I just can't do it now. Now I'm the Starbucks coffee.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog

We bought the updated version of Monopoly a few weeks ago, because our old one was worn out. The scotty dog has been replaced by a ... labradoodle. Seriously. I used to always be the dog when we played. I just can't do it now. Now I'm the Starbucks coffee.
    Oh no! That was always my favorite playing piece too. Was this in the regular Monopoly, or the dog-opoly version?

Wow! Those things sure are getting uglier since the last time I saw them. I thought the originals were cute.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

*sigh*

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog

NO WAY!!! Labradoodle?

I was always the Scottie dog too!

And do they really have Starbucks coffee in Monopoly? Talk about branding!

I guess I'll be the shoe....or has that changed too?
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethann
    I guess I'll be the shoe....or has that changed too?
    Probably changed it a Converse or Vans shoe. (Nothing against them, they are actually my favorite brand)

I used to be the little Scottie all the time too! That's the only piece that I liked! *sigh* I wonder if more people are buying it now just because it has a 'labradoodle' in it.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

*sighs*

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    Oh no! That was always my favorite playing piece too. Was this in the regular Monopoly, or the dog-opoly version?
    It's the new Here and Now edition of monopoly. It's a more modern verison of the original. The game tokens are now a labradooble, McDonalds french fries, starbucks cup, laptop, airplane, toyota prius, new balance running shoe and a motorla cell phone.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!