Thread: *shakes head* Pet stores...

*shakes head* Pet stores...

I went to a pet store not too long ago and saw a ferret. It made me cry...
    he had a cage about as long as himself and was walking in his own poop.
    It was disgusting and sad.
    I hate pet stores...
    That poor animal!
    Of course I begged my mom to buy him and I would find him a forever, good home, but NOOO, as always! She liked him but is scared of ferrets and thinks he's fine
    Poor guy Pray he's found a better home!
    We will be going back soon to get crickets and stuff, I'll see if he is there and check on him!
    Hopefully they cleaned his cage buy now..
    and hopefully but doubtfully got a bigger cage!

I'm shaking my head, too.
    Poor guy.
    I hope he's doing okay now...

Thank you SO much kitty_cats_delight
    for the UNBELIEVABLEY awesome signature!!

If it was truely as bad as you described it, why not report the place? If the animal has no choice but to walk in its own feces, it sure smells like animal abuse to me.
    I hope something is done for the poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli
    If it was truely as bad as you described it, why not report the place? If the animal has no choice but to walk in its own feces, it sure smells like animal abuse to me.
    I hope something is done for the poor thing.
    Me too..

Thank you SO much kitty_cats_delight
    for the UNBELIEVABLEY awesome signature!!

Aww that is terrible. Ferrets are suppose to have nice big cages too and animals should never have to walk in their own droppings. I hope that ferret gets a nice home. Its like pet stores can be contradicting themselves, you could go to buy the ferret and then when you ask what size cage you need they'll point to the biggest one even though they are using the smallest one. Anyway I hope it gets a bigger cage and a nice home you should let us know if its still at the pet store or not.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

pet store

There is a pet store here in ohio that treated their animals horribly. My daughter informed the ASPCA, the news channels and other groups about it and it was finally closed. However it took months with a lot of under cover work being done. Perhaps you should report this pet store as well.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sometimes hates pet stores.

I was at one today with a HUGE rabbit in this tiny cage. He or she was adorable and just stole my heart with one look. However with 4 rabbits already, of course I could not take him in. I did however ask to hold and love on him. The guy who got him out for me said "I hate this rabbit. He will scratch you and attack you. He isn't nice. Don't even bother trying to win him over." As soon as he opened the door to the cage I reached in, picked the big guy up, flipped him on his back and rubbed his forehead. He was very sweet. The poor guy is only 4 months old and lives at a pet store where people hate him I want to go back and get him right now.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Poor bunny

Oh I so hope you do go back and get him. How tragic to be on this earth and not have any love, this poor little bunny. I have a bunny and I just love him to pieces. When I am gone for the day he is so happy to see me, I feel so sorry for that little guy. Let me know what happens.

I don't see too many bunnies around here in bad conditions in the pet stores...usually maybe a little overcrowded (no space to themselves!) but generally okay.

I have a problem with the way smaller pet stores keep the birds. The large chains do fine, but the rinky dinky shops like Pet Mart and Pet Cetera and stuff here keep like...African Greys in a cage meant for 1-2 cockatiels . They have one perch, their head an inch below the ceiling and the tail touching the grate, enough room to lean forward and eat and drink and that's about it, and usually don't have toys in there.

I loathe pet stores as well, even though I work at a major one. But I have to say that all our animals are well cared for. We only sell rodents, ferrets, fish and birds. The cats and kittens as well as dogs and puppies are adopted out by local rescue groups who come in on a regular basis. Most, if not all of the dogs and cats sold at other pet stores are from mills. We all KNOW how deplorable the conditions of the mills are.

I agree with Chilli. If it is as bad as you described, call the SPCA and report them. There are specific guidelines that have to be met in pet stores. If they're not living up to those guidelines, they need to be reported.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen and Misty
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who sometimes hates pet stores.

I was at one today with a HUGE rabbit in this tiny cage. He or she was adorable and just stole my heart with one look. However with 4 rabbits already, of course I could not take him in. I did however ask to hold and love on him. The guy who got him out for me said "I hate this rabbit. He will scratch you and attack you. He isn't nice. Don't even bother trying to win him over." As soon as he opened the door to the cage I reached in, picked the big guy up, flipped him on his back and rubbed his forehead. He was very sweet. The poor guy is only 4 months old and lives at a pet store where people hate him I want to go back and get him right now.

Ashley
    That's horrible! Can't you take him and rehome him?
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    That's horrible! Can't you take him and rehome him?
    My mother would kill me (if she found out). But no worries. My bunnies live in my room (with the door shut) so no one (expessially my mom) would ever find out if maybe (I have no idea how) a extra (very large) bunny ended up in there.

No mom, I have no idea how that rabbit ended up in my room Looks like Sharra had a VERY large baby

Ashley

PS: If I did go back and get him, and my mom found out. She would be a little angry at first. But I pay for everything for my animals on my own (including vet bills, food, bedding, cages etc. etc.) she probably would end up not careing. I am heading back up there this weekend. If he is still there I may end up with a 5th bunny
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka