Thread: Feather Bed

Feather Bed

What exactly is a feather bed? Anybody know? Is that something you sleep ON? Like a cushion or something?
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

its like a pillow top that goes on the bed.. we use the uhhhhhhhhhhhh miracle topper on our bed.. ( snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre...) lol..

Ah, you have touched upon something near and dear to my heart- feather beds! Well, actually, most of the time they are more of a feather ticking, or mattress topper. I have 2 or 3 feather toppers on my bed now. They are about 4 inches thick, when poofy, and serve as a topper made of feather. I find them incredibly comfortable, VERY warming (and since feather serves as an insulator to both hot/cold), lovely winter or summer. To my feathery cocoon, I add 6 feather pillows, and a feather duvet, and my life is just DUCKY!

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    Ah, you have touched upon something near and dear to my heart- feather beds! Well, actually, most of the time they are more of a feather ticking, or mattress topper. I have 2 or 3 feather toppers on my bed now. They are about 4 inches thick, when poofy, and serve as a topper made of feather. I find them incredibly comfortable, VERY warming (and since feather serves as an insulator to both hot/cold), lovely winter or summer. To my feathery cocoon, I add 6 feather pillows, and a feather duvet, and my life is just DUCKY!
    Whoa...that's a lot of feathers.

Since I like my matress pretty hard, it sounds like I may not like something like that. (I'm thinking about my Christmas list). I would like a feather comforter though. I will add that to my list.

Thanks for the info.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

We have a down feather comforter and I don't know what we would do without it!!!! We got it at LLBean and we use it all year round. Maybe I need a bumpersticker that says, "I LOVE MY COMFORTER"

I consider feather beds like wearing fur, I would never wear, use or want it.

No offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Argranade

No offence.
    My understanding is that they do not just kill geese for their down, but for other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Argranade

No offence.
    I also heard that the animals are not killed for feathers. I tried to research it about two months ago, as my sister and I had a conversation about it.

I would really like to know the truth, however, and would amend my purchases from this point out.

I think most of the feathers come from China where duck meat is a common food - far more even than chicken. I'm sure they do'nt kill ducks just for the feathers!

I remember sleeping at my grandma's house on a feather bed.. it was wonderfully comfortable.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I love my feather bed, I wouldn't be without it. I have a down pillow and a down throw too, I can't sleep without them.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I hate them. I must sleep on a rock hard bed. My grandmother has old fashioned feather beds, real matresses rather than just toppers, and pillows. The pillows to me are too squishy and suffocating and little feather pieces always escape and they are pokey.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

They are fron the fowl that are used for food as well . Most do come from China and Japan . I worked in a bed store for a while my boss sent me to Seattle to the factory that made the ones we sold. it was indeed intresting
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel