Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need your help (updated with pictures pg. 2)

I need your help (updated with pictures pg. 2)

I've got a lot going on at the moment, which mostly explains explains why I haven't been around a lot. Anyway, I need some help and I hope that no one here judges me because there just is no other way right now.

I have to rehome Kimi and Maya. There are numerous reasons, all of them personal. Things in this home aren't stable. My parents have Samantha. My brother and sister-in-law will be taking Sushi and Kirin. But I haven't been able to find anyone to take the girls. I've tried family, friends and friends of friends. I've tried fliers in the vet's office and at PetSmart. I contacted several local rescues. They're not accepting any cats under any circumstances. Not a one.

Can anyone here help me? They're very sweet girls who've never been separated even for a night. Kimi is a lap kitty and will come butt your hand with her head for you to pet her. Maya is more standoffish until you get in bed and then she's right there purring next to you all night long. They're only about 18 months old. They're great girls. Facing rehoming them has been a nightmare - 1) for the circumstances for which I need to do so; and 2) because I love them.

I know I can trust people here on PT. Whoever here who is willing to take them would take wonderful care of them and I'd still be able to "see" them.

Please know that this is absolutely destroying me. I am not someone who thinks pets are disposable. Pets are for life. But life doesn't always go exactly according to plan and the most responsible thing I can do is find another home for them where it's stable and they'll be loved and well cared for. I'd be glad to help out in any sort of transport to get them to their new mommy or daddy. I need them rehomed within two weeks.

Please, please, can someone please help me and the girls?

Jaime
    Last edited by Samantha Puppy; 10-26-2006 at 11:12 AM.

I Wish I Was Close Enough, As They Could Have The Guest Bedroom For As Long As They Needed It, To Become Found Cats.
    We Pray That Theres Someone Close By, Who Can Help.
    They Are Such Dear Little Cats.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Jaime ,

Where are you at??? I could possibly help if you need to. Do they do well with other cats or not??? I have two of my own sooooo......you see. Let me know.I have been where you are with unstable house I understand..

Willing to help,
    Heather

Sorry, guess I should have included that.

I am in Maryland.

And yes, they do well with other cats. I mean, I'm sure you'll have your hissing in the beginning but they adjusted to being with Sushi and Kirin (my 2 year old male kitties) very well, as well as Samantha (the dog). They're very well-rounded.

I really wish you were closer .. I would love to help . Is one of them the black and white one?? If so my five month old looks just like her in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather78418
    I really wish you were closer .. I would love to help . Is one of them the black and white one?? If so my five month old looks just like her in the face.
    Kimi is the black and white one on the lower left. Maya is the black and white one on the upper right.

Thank you for your willingness and for not judging me. This is tearing me up inside.

Anyone else? Please? I don't even want to think about what is going to happen if I can find them another home in two weeks.

There is a trucker network that helps transport kitties. I think Moosmom? Knows about it.

Search a forum with the word "trucker" in the title and see what pops up. Also try posting this in Cat Rescue
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Gee whiz, I wish I could have more.... I hate it when one of our PT family needs help and I can't help!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'm gonna PM a couple folks who are geographically closer to you ...

all I can offer is prayers and thoughts on the way...
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I can't help, but I wish you the best of luck in finding a great home.

I'm so sorry that you have to rehome them. I'm at my limit with 6 and I'm also way too far away from you but I wish you the best of luck with rehoming them. I had to rehome Cirrus but I was very lucky that his rescue group took him back and was able to rehome him for me. I also hope that they'll be able to stay together because this will make it much easier of a transition for them. Good luck and please continue to keep us updated about them.

Thanks for the suggestions and help, guys. I am praying something works out, and soon. I am so sorry it came down to this but there really isn't any other way. Lord knows I've looked and tried.

Anyway, back to the purpose of this thread - finding Maya and Kimi a wonderful new home, hopefully amongst one of my PT family members.

Are these the kitties that you posted about in the past that had some issues with not going in their litterbox? If so, please let any potential adopter know that in advance or they might wind up being re-homed yet again when their new person finds out. I may have you confused with someone else so please forgive me if I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    Are these the kitties that you posted about in the past that had some issues with not going in their litterbox? If so, please let any potential adopter know that in advance or they might wind up being re-homed yet again when their new person finds out. I may have you confused with someone else so please forgive me if I do.
    Yes, these are them. If I could find a potential adopter, I'd definitely let them know it in advance (it's only Kimi and it's only after Kirin goes after her).