Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nanook is in the heavens above

Unhappy Nanook is in the heavens above

Yesterday afternoon I helped my best friend, my soul mate, my companion & my everything take his final journey... to the heavens above, the great rainbow bridge. It was for sure the hardest decision of my life but my boy was ready and he let me know.
    This is also for sure the most difficult time in my life... ever. There is so much to say, It all happened so fast. No matter how much I seemed to be prepared I was far from it. I don"t even know where to begin and if I did I know I wouldn't know where to end. It's like my whole body, mind and soul are a fog, one that even mother nature is unable to lift. At least I am able to tell my Nooker Bean my thoughts right now and that is all tjhat matters for me at this moment in time. I thought I was more ready to talk about it but I guess I'm not. I swear I literally felt my heart shrink the moment he took his final breath, and it has yet to return to it's normal size, not even close. This is much harder than I ever expected it to be, much, mguch, much harder. I do know though, that he was the best companion anyone could ever ask for. He was certainly loved by everyone he met. I am so glad I got to share close to 16 long years with him, I was for certainly blessed that he chose me as his lifelong companion.

Rest in Peace my sweet Nooker Bean. I'm sure you'r up there running like a wild man in the green fields & woods. Meeting up with your many critter pals including your sister Kessa, your ferret friends, Banshee, Annie, Chaos & Biggie, all those ratkins you used to terrorize (please be nice to them lol) and so many other beloved pals. And not to mention all of our human friends & relatives. Grandma is waiting for you, you'r the oinly dog she's ever been fond of, and Gramps, I am sure he will be spoiling you with many long walks in the woods, lots of treats & plenty of pats. Please enjoy being happy, healthy & whole again, god knows you certainly deserve it. I promise you, we will meet again someday. I love you with all my heart my dearest best friend Nooker bean.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

You Have My Sincere Sympathy ~ Iv4dogs!!!

You typed a Beautiful Memorial for Nooker Bean!!!

{{{HUGS}}}}

Oh my

Such a wonderful tribute. Tears they are a flowing.

RIP Nooker Bean........

Major LES Hugs to you Sue.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

My heart breaks for you and Nanook. I am so very sorry to hear of his passing. Hold on tightly to the memories. RIP, Nanook. You were much loved.

I am so sorry, I somehow hoped to never see this here, even though it's not realistic to think that way. I know this hurts to lose someone who has been with you so long and who you have such a strong bond with, my best thoughts and wishes to you, I know you are heartbroken. Thankfully you have the love of your other companions to offer you some comfort but I know that's not even enough right now. I'm really very sorry.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I am so sorry.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Ohhh Sue many hugs coming to you from across the miles {{Hugs}}. My heart is breaking for you . Rest easy Nanook, play hard at the RB sweetheart.

Oh, Nanook
    You of the plushest fur and darkest eyes
    Who kept your person's heart secure
    Through so many troubled times
    Sweet Nanook, who could shed a whole snowstorm
    Who would tolerate soggy fur from human tears
    Nanook of the North, well Northern New York, anyway
    Rest in peace now sweet boy
    Old age and pain is now behind you
    And you are free to romp and play again
    And watch over your mom, and all your siblings, okay
    Keep them safe, and when the time is right
    Send them a good snow, just from you.

Iīm sorry you are going through this, I literally know how hard it is to say goodbye to a life companion like Nanook........you are in my thoughts.......I canīt believe this happening, but itīs a part of life that even when we think we are ready, we are not........((HUGS))........

I bet heīs all healed and pain free and thanking you for helping him through his last moments, you did the best for him, even if it doesnīt feels that way, I just hope that you can bear with it soon, I donīt say get over it, cause it never does, having a friend for so many years go to the bridge is somthing you never forget, but you can live and deal with it, as you remember the good times you had for so many good years........

RIP Nanook a very special pup for many of us........play hard and look after mommy and siblings, let them know you are ok......

Hugs to you Sue, if you need anything, you know where to reach me, Iīm here for you.........
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Sue, I'm so very sorry What a hard time you're going through. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, sweetie. Rest in Peace sweet boy--run and play hard at the bridge

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

oh...Nanook I'm so sorry. But through all this i hope these words give you comfort. He died peacefully, not in pain, and with you. So many dogs die alone never knowing love or a kind hand. So many suffer for hours before they die. Nanook was lucky because he had someone special to love and be loved by. He had a good life. I know it hurts now (and probobly will for always, just not as bad) remember that he is with you always. You can visit him in your dreams, feel him in your heart, and you will see him again. I'm so sorry for your loss. If only they could live longer
    RIP sweet Nanook, forever in our hearts and minds.

Oh my... I'm so sorry about Nanook... he's was such a gentleman.. a very handsome boy.

Rest easy and play hard at the Bridge, Nookers. Maybe you'll meet my Chinook who looked just liked you.

(((HUGS)))

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I am so sorry for the loss of Nanook. I know you are missing him so much right and will for a very long, long time.

Rest in Peace sweet Nanook, may you live on forever in your mistress's heart.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

My heart broke when I read the title. I am so sorry, but like many others have said He is in a better place and the two of you will meet again..

I am so sorry. Sue, You have became a close friend to me and if you need anything just let me know.

RIP NANOOK