Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BLESSING EVANS needs our help

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

BLESSING EVANS needs our help

Calling on all Crazy Cat People ~ A beautiful calico girl by the name of Blessing needs our help.

IMOM is trying to help her daddy. A mean, spiteful neighbor slammed Blessing's tail in the door and now it needs to be amputated. Blessing's daddy is a disabled Vet and needs some help.

Look at this face!

The injury is pretty graphic so I'll just post the link. Definitely not for sensitive eyes. http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ing_injury.jpg

Please help her daddy get his little girl's tail fixed. You can follow her progress at the following link. I'm not sure, but you may have to create a userid and password to get to it.
    Blessing Evans
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I was trying to see if any donations have been made yet, but couldn't find out.

Poor baby! I am going to check my bankbook...
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Poor Blessing. I donated through paypal. I hope she gets her surgery.

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Poor baby, her daddy must be devastated. I only have $8 in my account, but when I get paid I will help...

Thank you Wolf_Q!

What kind of spiteful evil horrible b****** would do that kind of thing to a cat!!!!
    They should have their arm smashed in a door and see how they like it.
    God this kind of thing makes me so livid.
    I am praying they will get enough money for the poor cat to get it's tail fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    I was trying to see if any donations have been made yet, but couldn't find out.

Poor baby! I am going to check my bankbook...
    The fund updates are posted in the Recent fund updates for our "Pets in Need" forum. The volunteers will post updates periodically (not every day because they all have "regular" jobs during the day). As of last night, Blessing had $206 of the over $800 she needs. The vet is giving a 10% discount. YAY!

Thank you to all who have donated or are considering it. Please keep IMOM in mind if you have a pet emergency of your own. They will not be able to help you with existing vet bills and they don't pay for the treatment AFTER the fact. But, they will help raise funds for future treatment as long as the vet will work with them and give them an estimate.

We are praying for Blessing to have her operation, and for that injury not to impact her life.
    And for the person who did this to a helpless animal to die.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I agree with everything you said CultureJunky.

I was able to donate a little bit, I hope it helps. God Bless this beautiful cat.

Melissa

Can you keep us updated on how Blessing does??

Quote Originally Posted by Anikaca77
    Can you keep us updated on how Blessing does??
    Of course I will. But, you can also follow her progress on the IMOM Board. This link should take you there. Blessing Evans Chris (her Daddy) is working hard to raise funds. He has already found a vet willing to give him a 10% discount on the surgery.

I thought there used to be a page where you could see all the money that had been raised. I see there is $206 for Blessings, but they don't count other donations in that.

Is there another place to see the total so far?

What a pretty kitty!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    I thought there used to be a page where you could see all the money that had been raised. I see there is $206 for Blessings, but they don't count other donations in that.

Is there another place to see the total so far?

What a pretty kitty!
    No, there is not another place. Barb (the treasurer) posts updates every few days in the thread I linked above. She keeps a running total as the checks/paypal/credit card transactions clear but doesn't post every day. IMOM is an all volunteer organization. No one gets paid. So, Barb will post when she has time.

Barb did post this morning in Blessing's thread that she now has $281. Please get the word out and cross post on other message boards. Thank you.

Karma is a funny thing, isn't it? Blessing's daddy just posted an update on IMOM that the woman who did this to her has passed away.

I registered so I can read about Blessing. I also had a small amount in my paypal account ($19) that I gladly sent to help her get this much needed operation.

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    I registered so I can read about Blessing. I also had a small amount in my paypal account ($19) that I gladly sent to help her get this much needed operation.
    Thank you, Jen! Especially since I know your own shelter is going through some growing pains of its own.

Barb (IMOM treasurer) has posted an update in Blessing's thread. I have copied and pasted it below for those who may not be able to access their board. Evidently, a member has issued a challenge. He/She will send in a matching donation of up to $250 for the funds raised TODAY (Sunday). So, if you've been thinking about donating, today is the day to do it:

BarbaraIMOM Today, 04:23 AM Post #27
    Here's where we are this morning:

381.00 Donations for Blessing
    89.00 Donations for Blessing that qualify for match
    89.00 Match so far

559.00 Total available to date
    (IMOM is trying to raise $720 per vet estimate minus 10% discount he's giving Blessing)

Folks, we still have a ways to go, but we're getting very close. The next $161 dollars donated today will be matched, so let's go! It's a pretty cool deal to have your donation for Blessing doubled :-) And Blessing needs to get to the vet ASAP!

Barb/IMOM