Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo

Hiya, i'm new to the place

Here's my boy....he's a Bullmastiff x Rottweiller

Close up of his wrinkly face

Squinting at the sun

One of my favorites pics of him (taken today)

Last edited by Alasse; 09-09-2006 at 08:03 AM. Reason: i shoulda proof read it *L*

Welcome aboard fellow Aussie and fellow big red dog owner . Scooby Doo is absolutly stunning, i would love to read more about him and see more photos when you have the time.

Here is my red girl Clover (Rottie x Aussie Cattle Dog) ....

He's a very handsome man!! Hi and Welcome to Pet Talk!! Can't wait to see more of that good looking boy

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Hi Scooby Doo! Welcome to Pet Talk! You sure are handsome! I too was thinking of Clover when I saw you.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Welcome To PetTalk!!!

Scooby looks like he needs a big wet smooch right on that wrinkley face of his!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Hi Scooby and Alasse!!
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Thanx all for the welcome

Scooby's story

I stood outside the petshop humming and harring if these really were the type of dog i wanted...then these guys walked up and were checking the pups out and discussing how good they'd be for fighting ..that soon made up my mind and i went in and while i couldn't save them all (12 in the litter) i could at the least save one from such a life. So i found myself looking at 12 pairs of gorgeous brown eyes...1 set was terrified...i couldn't leave him there so i brought him home..so became Scooby Doo
    (i then sent a friend in and she took another of his litter mates and he now too lives happily in a forever home)

So now i had this pup...he was beyond terrified...he would bite if you made any sudden moves, he certainly was not friendly...i believe him to have suffered some abuse (so did the obedience trainer i took him to)
    Eventually with lots of TLC he was great to us, his family..but not very good to anyone else...so off to obedience school he went

Man was that a trial *LOL*....first day he tried to eat anyone that came near including the instructor...but they were excellent in settling him down

While still i do not allow anyone to walk up and pat him as i'm not quite sure if he'll like them or not...but at least i can walk him and he no longer lunges at people (and hasnt done since about 1 yr old)

He has no dog aggression that i've ever seen...my mums pomeranian puts him in his place(what a sight *LOL*)....he's scared of Gizmo (my cat, she dont tolerate any of his whippersnapper rubbish) *LOL* but any other cat...well thats different

He's had quite a big break from obedience classes as he got really sick, he had Masticatory Myositis...it was terrible it was summer and he couldn't even pant to keep cool...i had to help him...took about 2-3 months, plus meds, with gradual improvement...now he's recovered with only one side if his mouth (lip) a bit lower than the other.

He's just been desexed and dewclaws removed, that didnt go as planned either *L*....anti-imflamatories and antibiotics...he's on the road to recovery there too

So i'll give him another week then its back to school he goes...i want him to pass the council test at the least (pretty sure that will be a sinch for him) and he loves the socialization and he needs it too

Quick facts

6yrs old
    Will not tolerate any fighting by anyone...you might start it but he'll finish it *LOL*
    Not fond of cats
    Not fond of rats
    Chases birds
    He wears a calf collar 'cause i cant find a dog collar that fits him comfortably
    Weighs 51kg at present but gaining weight after illness
    He 'talks' to me when i get home
    He can give high five and ten
    Will do ANYTHING for food *LOL*
    He absolutely hates the power guys (more the uniform i think) and the power guys are not too fond of him *L*

This was Scoob when we got him at around 12 weeks

Scoob at 2 yrs

Scoob now

He's absolutley ADORABLE! I think I'm in love. Welcome to Pettalk! I hope you stick around and share more pictures of that boy.

What a lucky boy to have you, you've brought him through alot of difficulties! He's very handsome, I just want to ruffle up that wrinkly face of his--but after reading his story, I think I'll just admire him from afar for a while, LOL! Hope to see lots more pictures and hear more Scooby Doo adventures!

I'm so glad you shared his story with us!

I do hope you stick around here at PT!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

welcome aboard too! and hello there, scooby doo-doo!

my golden retriever - crayola would like to be friends with you and hope you'll like it here and stick around!

but says .. be nice to the birds!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Scooby Doo is a very handsome dog. WELCOME!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Welcome to pet talk! And wow, scooby is one handsome guy! Cant wait to hear more about him

Thankyou so much for sharing more about your Scooby Doo with us . He sure is handsome.

Oh, Scooby is sooo handsome. Welcome to Pet Talk, I hope we will get to see a lot more of that hunky guy.