Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite animal commercials

Favorite animal commercials

I hope everyone is having a relaxed, laid back weekend! That's pretty much the scene around Groucho's house today. Anyway, an ad has been running on tv in our area that I absolutely love: As the commercial starts, a gorgeous orangie comes out a pet door and walks through the yard checking things out and chasing a butterfly. While kitty is exploring a little dog is sitting there and three birds are perched on a birdbath singing, "In the jungle, the mighty jungle the lion creeps tonight..." ( to "The Lion Sleeps Tonight") As kitty finishes his stroll through the garden, he jumps up on the birdbath as the birds take off. As dumb as this sounds, I'll stop whatever I'm doing just to watch it. The commercial is for Advantage tick and flea control.
    There are so many commercials with animals that are really great. Thought it might be fun to find out from fellow PT'ers... what is your favorite animal commercial? It doesn't necessarily have to be with or about cats, this is for all the animal stars.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Hummmmm ,

I don't watch much television these days, so, I'll have to do some brain storming on commercials that I have seen that attracted me!!!

I know there has to be several. I think on it and reply again.

Good Thread topic!!

It has got to be the GE Lassie Commercials. Here's one with Kung Fu Lassie and the mountain lion. You go Lassie!!!

http://www.ge.com/stories/en/20128.html
    Tim ~ Majestic Collies

"Just when you think there are no Angels, a Collie comes into your life"
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
    but by the moments that take our breath away"

GIVE ME THE HELPLESS, THE LOST, THE HOMELESS LITTLE ONES STRUGGLING TO LIVE; SEND THESE WEAK,
    ABANDONED LIVES TO ME, I OFFER HOPE, CARE, WARMTH AND MOST OF ALL LOVE,

Pledge of a Rescue Worker

One of my favs is the Kitty Litter one where all the cats are having a party and then the owners come home and the scatter and the 3 remaining say they will never know lol
    Michelle

Two that come to mind are: (I dont remember who or what ) the commercial is for ,but it has a harliquin great dane waiting patiently for her owner in a store ,while a little girl is eating a ice-cream cone. The dane licks her lips,but stays right where she was told to such a good girl
    the second one is for I *think* petsmart.It has the little daschund dog,who favorite stuffy (also a daschund) is all icky,so owner takes him/her to petsmart to get a new one..it is really cute
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

Quote Originally Posted by Abby&Buddy'sMom
    Two that come to mind are: (I dont remember who or what ) the commercial is for ,but it has a harliquin great dane waiting patiently for her owner in a store ,while a little girl is eating a ice-cream cone. The dane licks her lips,but stays right where she was told to such a good girl
    the second one is for I *think* petsmart.It has the little daschund dog,who favorite stuffy (also a daschund) is all icky,so owner takes him/her to petsmart to get a new one..it is really cute
    2 of my favs too

I did remember one!!!

It was shown a long time ago.

An advertisement for "Johnny Cat " Kitty litter.

At the end, a cat is getting settled to do his duty and a voice over says, "Do You Mind???

I'll keep brain storming!!!

My all-time favorite is the EDS cat herding commercial, seen here. An absolute classic!

Probably people living in the USA won't know the adverts I know, but hopefully you can imagine, lol

I love the Andrex puppy, he is just so adorable. Any lab puppy that 'thinks he's been swallowed by a giant marshmallow' whilst he's under the duvet is cute beyond belief!!!

The kittens on the Cat-san cat litter are adoable too, I love their voices

Zimbabwe 07/13

There was one for Meow Mix which was a take off on Close Ecounters of a third kind.
    A Cat meeeows at the Spaceship
    I want Tuna, I want Chicken
    I want Liver
    Please deliver
    And the Spaceship beams down Meow Mix.
    All done to the music from the movie.
    Then there a Purina Cat Food where a young girl is playing with her Kitten.
    Yeras later she comes back to visit from college and her Cat, now a senior sees her, and runs to greet her.
    The commercial sings
    The Friendship Never Goes Awaay!
    LES every time.
    Excellent Thread Idea.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

My all time favorite cat commercial is the one with the adorable widdle white Persian kittens with the gorgeous blue eyes that are playing with rolls of toilet paper. They are just too darn cute for words and do you think I can remember the name of the toilet paper.....NOPE....Having a senior moment right now.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

There was one for a litter with crystals in it, and a little orangie says, "I still think they're diamonds."
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I like the one with the kitties having that party too. (I love the one in that one with his head stuck in a paper cup.)

CatsinDenver, I never saw that cat herding one before... That one is priceless!

Yesterday here, they staryed showing that PetSmart/PetCo (Or something) one where the parking lot is FULL of cats, dogs ect and the dogs start barking and they all pitch in and start.... the man comes to the door of the store, opens it and they all stop and come running.... I stopped whatever I was doing to see that again..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I love all of these! ANY commercial with a cat in it works for me.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Quote Originally Posted by CatsinDenver
    My all-time favorite is the EDS cat herding commercial, seen here. An absolute classic!
    I'm glad you found it. This is my favorite too!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).