Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: contest ended?

contest ended?

yesterday my dad and i were pulled over for not having our seatbelts on. i always wear my seatbelt! the cop seemed more interested in me, the passenger, than dad. we both got sitations.

here's what this is all about. my friend Irwin and i are having a contest to see how many times we can get pulled over without getting a ticket. i think that since i wasn't driving and i only got a sitation it doesn't count and we're still on. Irwin thinks that a ticket is a ticket and he wins....men
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

why would you play a "game" about breaking the law to get pulled over? Someone could get hurt in the process. By the way, a citation IS a ticket, doesn't have to be for speeding.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    why would you play a "game" about breaking the law to get pulled over? Someone could get hurt in the process.
    I agree. Not to mention you take the chance of getting many tickets. It is always luck when you get pulled over & let off scott free.
    Sounds very immature to me.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

You must be kidding me. Call me when you go headfirst into the windshield. I guess your father isn't into leading by example?

Why not see how long you can go WITHOUT getting a ticket? Sounds much safer to me.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder
    Why not see how long you can go WITHOUT getting a ticket? Sounds much safer to me.
    yeah, I agree. you could get in a lot of trouble if you get pulled over repeatedly. it's irresponsible to see how many times you can get pulled over by a cop and you might not be so lucky if you get pulled over again and again.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Doesn't sound like a very smart "contest" to me. Let's see who's going to get seriously injured or killed first? Nah, I wouldn't play that game - I like living on this side of the earth too much. Good luck to you though

And your father not wearing a seat belt? Ok I'm not going to say anymore or this thread will have to be moved to the Dog House.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Hmm...I dunno what kinda game that is never heard of it.

Maybe see who gets the less tickets is a better option altho there will be alot of winners.

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    I always wear my seatbelt!
    Then why did you get the citation?

my friend Irwin and i are having a contest to see how many times we can get pulled over without getting a ticket
    Oh grow up!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Oh grow up!!!
    Shes a teenager shes still growing up.
    Dont tell me you never did anything stupid as a teenager. Doing stupid pointless dangerous things are part of being a teen/growing up.
    And maybe you guys took it the wrong way.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I did my share of stupid things as a teen, but they mostly involved avoiding all contact with police, not trying to get pulled over without getting a ticket.

You got the ticket, and the police officer was probably more concerned with the teenage passenger not wearing a seatbelt (still forming habits, trying to help you avoid forming bad habits) than they were with your dad not wearing a seatbelt.

.. who are you kidding ..me? I had to read this 4, 5 times ..

I sure hope the contest won't end after you die.

well, if you thought this was fun, then I'd tell you you and irwin are even now..

Game Over.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    Shes a teenager shes still growing up.
    Dont tell me you never did anything stupid as a teenager. Doing stupid pointless dangerous things are part of being a teen/growing up.
    And maybe you guys took it the wrong way.

And, it sounds as if she is growing up without the benefit of good instruction, too. While I was a teen once (I vaguely remember it), I didn't do these sort of stupid things. Crank calls? Maybe. Ring someone's doorbell and run? Maybe. Shoot, I might have TP'd a house or two. But, nothing like this. I disagree that "stupid pointless dangerous things are a part of being a teen". Not unless a dead teen is what you are after.

Lute's dad IS a grownup, and setting a totally lousy example.

Have a friendly cop show you some non-belt accident photos some time. Better yet, go to a hospital and visit those who lived....minus some bits and pieces, and maybe the ability to walk and/or think.

Actually, sounds like a couple of people in the car don't know how to think already...
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda