Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ripley just attacked me!

Ripley just attacked me!

I can't believe it! It's been almost 4 years since he last attacked me violently but out of the blue as I was walking into the bathroom I reached down to pet him and he attacked. It was just like he used to do when he was young. Thankfully he's a lot slower and weaker than years ago and I was able to pry his mouth from my hand and grab a blanket off the bed to throw on him. Right now he's cooling his jets in the garage.

Just prior to the attack I was giving him attention and petting him on the bed but he jumped down and Jazz came up so I was petting her. Guess his jealousy issues are not just with Rocky anymore.

I'm okay but my hand is scratched up and whelped from his teeth. He just barely broke the skin with a scratch from his tooth and I've cleaned it well with alcohol. I'll keep an eye on it but I've suffered worse from him before with no infection. I'm sure I'll be okay. Luckily I keep his claws trimmed so he did no damage where he locked onto my arm.

Good grief, I thought at 14 years old and in kidney failure he would have finally gotten over his rage.

From Decker with Love

Oh Lori, I'm sorry that Rip attacked you....take care of those marks. I think putting him the garage to cool off was a good idea.

I have to tell you that Miss Tucker can be the same way....you would think that with age and all they would slow down a bit but I must say that Tucker can be quite the fierce lady when she wants to be....I'm always on the lookout for her to become nasty with me.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

I am so sorry about Ripley attacking you.I hope your hand fells better.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

OUCH!! Hope they heal without any problems. I wonder if they ever get over being jealous.....

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh wow, how frustrating!

Do you think he did it because he was jealous? Or could it be that he's in pain, or got startled? If this continues, you really need to find out what's bugging him, but of course you know that without me telling you this.

BTW, when I'm petting Luna, and Lily approaches (something she often does because she's a little jealous girl), Luna would often growl at me or even attack my hand, and then walk away. But it's not very painful for me, and she's not really aggressive, it's only her frustration and disappointment about Lily disturbing her cuddle session with meowmie.

I hope your hand will be fine, and Ripley will cool off in the garage!

Kirsten

Oh my goodness!! Ripley, what were you thinking? I hope your wounds don't get infected.

Well my husband helped me figure out what may have triggered it. He asked me if I was barefoot and I was, I had just took my socks off. I had forgotten that Ripley often attacked my bare feet. I know, it's crazy.

He's back in the house and acting like a baby so maybe he feels bad about it. That would be a first, he never felt bad about all the other attacks.

I've got to leave for an appointment in a few minutes so maybe the time apart will help him.

Thanks for the support. My hand looks better since I showered, only a few whelps and the one tiny open place. It never even bled thank goodness.

From Decker with Love

I had forgotten that Ripley often attacked my bare feet. I know, it's crazy.
    I know many cats that attack bare feet, I don't know why.

Glad that your hand doesn't look too bad!

Kirsten

Oh Lori I am sorry!! How frustrating. Hopefully this is an isolated event and does not make you feel too fearful of Ripley again.

Gosh Lori, I'm glad it wasn't any worse!!! I was also thinking that he might just be an ill mood if he's not feeling too well. You know, a little old and "crotchety" (sp?). Seems like if it was because you took your socks off that he would have gone for your foot or ankle, but you know him best!!! Anyway, I am glad that his "time out" has cooled him down!

Hugs,
    Kim

I'm back from my appointment and Ripley is acting normal which means he is whiney and getting under foot. Pretty typical of his attacks, one minute I'm the enemy and the next he's my pal. I'll never understand him but you can bet I'll keep my socks or slippers on when he's around!

From Decker with Love

Thats one thing that the Found Cats have never done.
    I hope taht you and Ripley are all right, and that you are friends again.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Some cats will always be insecure and do things like that just to get attention.

Ripley, that wasn't very nice to do to your meowmie. I'm glad to hear that your injuries aren't serious Lori and that Ripley is being nice now.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Lori, I'm so sorry to hear that Ripley attacked you but I'm glad to hear that you aren't seriously injured. I hope that this will be the last time that he ever does anything like this again.