Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitness Fridays #7: When you discover it's your choice and your attitude...

Fitness Fridays #7: When you discover it's your choice and your attitude...

THINGS START TO HAPPEN!!!

Well, it's WEEK 7!!! So many of you have been successful already! Lost pounds in our 7 weeks of living healthy! And don't you feel better!?!?

My good report story: I went and bought myself my first pair of Size 5 jeans this past week!

Anyway, I LOVE hearing all of your good report stories . . . that you're clothes are getting too big!!! . . . how you're avoiding temptations . . . how you're learning that eating healthy isn't that hard. And I love to think that you can come here when it is hard . . . there are people here to support you when times are tough . . . heck, even I need some encouragement every now and then . . . and coming on here & reading all of your daily activities and updates & seeing how well you all are doing just gets me pumped!

Please keep posting meal ideas, recipes, your workouts . . . because there may be someone that uses *your* example for motivation for their own life.

Have a GREAT WEEK everyone!!! You all are doing GREAT!!!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Christa, I look forward to seeing your theme for the week.

Some of my weekend choices weren't the best but my attitude remains good. I don't let mistakes get in the way of forging ahead with more ways to do better. I've evaluated why I made those poor choices, so I can devise a plan of action when in a similar situation and came to the conclusion that I would be better off packing a lunch than resorting to fast food.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    I've evaluated why I made those poor choices, so I can devise a plan of action when in a similar situation and came to the conclusion that I would be better off packing a lunch than resorting to fast food.
    AWESOME! Say NO to fast food!

Giving up fast food was a biggie for me! I was a fast food junkie!!! I quit it cold turkey & it was tough, but I'm so glad . . . and now it doesn't even sound good . . . SERIOUSLY!!! I'd say the only "fast food" place I frequent now is Subway . . . and you have to be careful there too!!! Some of their stuff can be crazy bad for you, but they're good about having all the nutritional info posted right up front for you!
    -christa

Yes, your themes are very motivating.

So I have been drinking A LOT more water, so I am trying to flush out pop. I also watched celebrity fit club this weekend which is very motivating. My goal is by next year to lose 50 pounds ATLEAST since it’s my senior year next year. I don’t have to work all this week until Sunday, then I have to work 7 days in a row, which will give me tons of exercise. I am interested into switching to nutro-system. My friend is doing that and lost 25 pounds so far. Anybody else use it?
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Let us know how your week of workouts go, Flatcoatluver!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatcoatluver
    I am interested into switching to nutro-system. My friend is doing that and lost 25 pounds so far. Anybody else use it?
    You mean Nutri System? Is that where you have to buy their food?

Seriously . . . I would say just do it on your own. I am sure that it works for people and maybe it's easier, but it's not that hard to do it on your own either.

First of all, exercise every day.

Get rid of the junk food, fast food, and pop.
    Eat 3 meals a day & 2 healthy snacks. Don't Skip Breakfast!!!
    Get plenty of fiber to fill you up.
    Drink lotsa water.

Just my opinion . . . I don't personally know anyone that has been on NS, but like I said, I'm sure it is easier because the meals are already prepared. I just prefer to cook my own food
    -christa

Wow, I have to say everyone is doing a great job, it's really motivating! Can I join in on the action? I'd like to lose between 10-15 pounds that I put on last year after getting out of college. I've always been fairly active, so my biggest problem is eating too much!! I love to eat out and try new restaurants, but they aren't of course the best ways to lose weight.

This last week I have managed to commit to working out every morning and cutting down on junk foods. I do feel healthier even though I don't know if I've lost any weight or not. Also, I just started a new job as a counselor at a residental treatment center for teenage girls. We have to take the kids to the dining hall and eat with them, which means I have to eat cafeteria food...the food is so blah I can't eat much (and I was told to stay away from the salad bar as the kids spit in it), so I will definately lose weight working there whether I want to or not.

Good Job everyone on week 7!!! I can't believe it has been the long already!

I feel so discuraged... I'm trying to eat better, and I drink tons of water everyday. I go to the weightroom and lift weights and work out 3 days a week. I just started going to the weightroom about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I'm already lifting as much as my friends who have been going there all summer. I exercise a lot, and I try to eat 3 meals a day, but it usually ends up only being 2 meals. I haven't lost any weight though. I guess I shouldn't be hard on myself, because I don't REALLY need to loose any weight..I'm 120 pounds and 5'5"..that's and ideal weight..isn't it?? I guess I just want to be skinnier.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Quote Originally Posted by Toby's my baby
    I haven't lost any weight though. I guess I shouldn't be hard on myself, because I don't REALLY need to loose any weight..I'm 120 pounds and 5'5"..that's and ideal weight..isn't it?? I guess I just want to be skinnier.
    Well, IMO, you are at an ideal weight. The perfect weight, really, for your height. Maybe even close to being underweight - so watch out! Every "ideal weight calculator" that I've checked out has given this approximate range.

Ideal Weight Calculator

You should just focus on getting some lean muscle. Muscle will make you look thinner. Do you lift for your back? A strong back tends to make a woman's waist look thinner! Lat pulls! Lat pulls!
    -christa

How do you lift for your back...???

edit: did the weight thing on the link, says I'm under. I don't have a small build, its more of the athletic type...
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Hi all! I usually read the friday fit club, but have never chimed in. Too embarrassed to admit that I had gained a good bit of weight in the past few years. Just wanted to say that you guys are very inspiring! I started a pretty strict diet on May 22 and have lost 31 lbs. so far and feeling much better, would like to lose a little more. I actually found this diet in a magazine and it's really working! I'd like to get back to where I was in high school. Walking Roscoe has helped alot too, and he doesn't let me miss any workouts I have also been using our Bowflex a lot, which has helped. Great job all!

That is great JenBKR!! Congrats!

Just a new suggestion... it has been a while since we posted recipes, and I don't think that we have had anything for breakfast....?? Since it is always stressed that breakfast is the most important meal I think we should get some recepies. Or not even recepies if you don't have any, but healthy things you eat for breakfast.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-

My breakfast is cereal, fruit and fat free milk. I used to add just a sprinkle of sugar, but have recently eliminated that and find that it's just as good without it.

If I want to kick it up a notch, I will just have fruit for breakfast, but generally I'm fairly hungary in the morning.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I usually have a piece of toast with strawberry All Fruit and a cup of coffee. Sometimes I'll have a little bit of cereal (Kashi) with a banana on it and some milk. My breakfasts are particular to the diet I'm on, which allows me 1 starch and 1 fruit serving (and a dairy, but I don't always use it for breakfast since I'm only allowed one dairy a day).

I have toast with 0 calorie I can't belive it's not butter, spray butter. I like it better then butter too.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    I started a pretty strict diet on May 22 and have lost 31 lbs. so far and feeling much better, would like to lose a little more. I actually found this diet in a magazine and it's really working!
    I'm impressed! Would you share it with us? What magazine/what month/what article?
    On the subject of breakfast... I have a bowl of cereal and some fruit, or yogurt & fruit. I've been sticking with making better choices, and lost a couple lbs. this week.