Thread: Absent-minded?

Absent-minded?

I may getting a little absent-minded in my old age. I got home from work the other day and I changed clothes. I took everything out of my pockets (I thought) and put my dirty clothes in he washer and started the washer. I looked down at what I took out out of there and realized I left my wallet in my other pants and they're in the washer!! I hurried downstairs and quickly retrieved it and now i have the cleanest wallet in town! (if still a little damp). I hope I'm not getting somewhat forgetful.

Well, join the club. So far I haven't washed my purse yet but I did leave it at a White Castle once. When we arrived home in our driveway, I went to reach for it and it wasn't in the car. We drove back to the White Castle and it was still hanging on the back of the chair I had been sitting in. (Thank you, God) What I didn't forget when I left the White Castle was my cup of diet soda. Took that with me.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Is that what they call money laundering?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Connie, I guess you could call it that, even though I didn't have much money in it to launder! However, I was worried about the important cards I had in it, drivers license, S.S. card etc., they were all right, a little wet.

Glad nothing was distroyed. Our driver's licenses are laminated in plastic. I had a nightmare once that I lost my purse and couldn't prove who I was!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    Glad nothing was distroyed. Our driver's licenses are laminated in plastic. I had a nightmare once that I lost my purse and couldn't prove who I was!!!
    They were very cleam Connie! Our driver's licenses are laminated too whch probably saved it.

Alls well that ends well! Nothing was distroyed, Thank God!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    Is that what they call money laundering?
    LOL! That's a good one! A co-worker's husband decided to be "helpful" and did the wash while she was out...he didn't realize her PAYCHECK was still in her pocket! It got destroyed.
    David, I think we're pretty close in age - I have memory blips more & more often...it's kind of scarey. Glad all your important papers were ok.

For Davidp - it could be AAADD....

I have recently been diagnosed with AAADD:

Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

This is how it goes . . .

I decide to clean off the front patio. I start to the patio and notice mail on the desk that needs to be taken down to the Post Office. OK, I'm going to the Post Office . . .

BUT FIRST I'm going to go through the mail that was delivered. I lay the car keys down on desk. After discarding the junk mail, I notice the trash can is full. OK, I'll just put the bills on my desk . . .

BUT FIRST I'll take the trash out. But since I'm going to be near the mailbox, I'll address a few bills . . . Yes, Now where is the checkbook? Oops…there's only one check left. Where did I put the extra checks? Oh, there is my empty coffee cup from last night on my desk. I'm going to look for those checks . . .

BUT FIRST I need to put the cup back in the kitchen. I start to head for the kitchen and look out at my balcony, notice the flowers need a drink of water because of the extreme heat. I put the cup on the counter and there's my extra pair of glasses on the kitchen counter.

What are they doing here? I'll just put them away . . .

BUT FIRST need to water those plants. I head for the door and . . .

Aaaagh!!! Someone left the TV remote on the wrong spot. Okay, I'll put the remote away and water the plants on my balcony . . .

BUT FIRST I need to find those checks.

END OF DAY: The patio has not been cleaned, bills still unpaid, cup still on the counter, checkbook still has only one check left, lost my car keys . . .

And, when I try to figure out how come nothing got done today, I'm baffled because . . .

I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY!

I realize this condition is serious . . .

I'd get help . . .

BUT FIRST . . . I think I'll check my e-mail.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda