Thread: prayers for my brother..

prayers for my brother..

he did not bother to tell US he was at the hospital, no we found out when his work called and mentioned off hand that they knew he was at the hospital.. of course my mom and I were like "WHAT!?" and called the hospital, they kept him over night and only now do we find out that he was at the hospital because everything in him just shut down and he started bleeding out of his mouth and fainting! they just did 2 CT scans found nothing and released him! really, wouldent you want to like keep an eye on a 19 year old who's sytem suddenly shuts down and blood pours out his mouth? why would you try one thing, say "I dunno" and release them?
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I think he needs to go see another doctor somewhere... That don't sound good!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

That is so crazy!!!!!!

And, it really makes me nervous!!!! Just a cat scan, ?? No other testing done to find out where the blood was coming from? sinuses, stomach? There was no testing done to find the origin of his bleeding?

What was the follow up procedure given to your brother from this Hospital?

I can't believe they released him in a condition like this!!! He should definitely go to another hospital where they do more tests!

Kirsten

if that were possable I am sure it would happen, but we have a total of 2 hospitals here and they are connected, all the testing and such is done at the General and thats where this was.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

I just noticed that you posted from Canada.

Our Health Care here in the States is just as crazy, trust me.

Did you ever find out what the Follow Up Procedures were recommended?

How is your Brother now that he is at home?

I have not seen him, he is sleeping at his girlfriends as its cooler there(his room in my house is VERY hot, I moved out if that room for a reason) my mom said he looked weak when she picked him up and he is still kinda out of it.
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

Can you call him up? Doesn't it seem like these horrilble tramas usually occur on week-ends?

What is your brother's NAME?? Is he eating? taking fluids? Is he on any medications?

I have a 19 year old from Canada on my mind now. Call him!!!!
    Last edited by Dorothy39; 06-24-2006 at 03:16 PM. Reason: mis-spelled a word.

his name is Daly I have not talked to him, but my mom just got off the phone with him, he is still kinda of out of it, there is no after care and the doctors figer they will just wait till it happens again. you would think they would take it more seriously, usually when someone bleeds from their mouth it means their dead!
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

Can Daly come to your house for awhile, to be monitered?

He needs to be with his family. Has he suffered an injury of some kind? I would not ever wait for this to happen again, that's for sure. Your mother must be so care worn by now.

I would either be living with him, if he were mine, or, he would be living with me until this is resolved and treated.

But, I edited this reply because I remembered your post about his former room being too hot. Is his girlfriend taking his condition serious? Is she taking care of him now?

If I were you, I would go back to that hospital and DEMAND more tests be done. That's BS.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM
    If I were you, I would go back to that hospital and DEMAND more tests be done. That's BS.
    You bet!!! That's for darned sure!!!!

Please keep us up-dated on your brother.

Has your mother or Daly's girl friend taken him to another Dr.?

Still thinking of a 19 year old in Canada.

Daly will be in our thoughts and we will light a few candles also, my heart goes to your mom who must feel so worried and to you. Please keep us updated, as to the full CT results and how he is feeling.

Sounds like something is going on "neurologically" with your brother. Has he suffered from headaches and vomiting??? MY opinion is that he should get another opinion. Bleeding from the mouth and nose and fainting sounds like something is going on in his head. It's not to be taken lightly either. Please keep us posted.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!