Thread: Update on babies.

Update on babies.

I will have to work for quite some time to get Mama Cats babies to trust me. It will be worth it though.

Anyways. The reason I posted is to updated on Rasputins babies. There are three boys and two girls, it looks like. One boy is HUGE. I mean, he is about the size of a kitten who is a week or more older than he actually looks. He is medium haired and cannot meow. Yesterday, Troy and I brought them in (despite NASTY looks from FIL) and we cleaned all their eyes and noses. This boys right eye was crusted shut and oozing pus again. The one boy that is a grey tabby with the little white wisps, I've started calling him Sweet Pea. The runt, the only all black, had watery and pus-y eyes. I've taken to calling him Magic. I have absolutely fallen head over heels for him. I can describe the exact moment too. I had picked him up and was holding him under the arms with one hand while supporting his legs with the other. I was trying to get a good look at him and he just looked into my eyes and I looked at his and just died! I then proclaimed to Magic and Troy my adoration for him. I, honestly, never thought that I would just flip over that little boy. One of the girls I am so very, very fond of. The feeling, however, is not mutual. She is really the only skittish one and runs if I move towards her. She is aboslutely beautiful and amuses me so much. The other girl has colours and patterns that look exactly like our foster Tiger Lily! (The cream on grey. It looks like a dilute tortie, of sorts).

Any suggestions on helping their eyes?

Just thought I'd let you all know what is going on!

One thing I've found helpful for eyes in the past (which my mum has always done) is to bathe them with tea. Just put a teabag in a mug, poor the hot water on and let it brew, take the teabag out, and then let the water cool until it's lukewarm. Then use a cotten wool ball and bathe the eye with the tea for about a minute.
    I really don't know if this will help as the kittens may have a bad infection that needs anti-biotics obviously but you never know.
    When I was a kid of any of our cats started to get gunky eyes we'd always do that and it'd clear up.
    It may be worth a try you never know. And I certainly don't think it would harm the eyes if there is something seriously wrong with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CultureJunky
    One thing I've found helpful for eyes in the past (which my mum has always done) is to bathe them with tea. Just put a teabag in a mug, poor the hot water on and let it brew, take the teabag out, and then let the water cool until it's lukewarm. Then use a cotten wool ball and bathe the eye with the tea for about a minute.
    I really don't know if this will help as the kittens may have a bad infection that needs anti-biotics obviously but you never know.
    When I was a kid of any of our cats started to get gunky eyes we'd always do that and it'd clear up.
    It may be worth a try you never know. And I certainly don't think it would harm the eyes if there is something seriously wrong with them.
    Wow, I will have to try that! Thank you for the suggestion!

Cat Fancy is a great site for health advice about your Cats.
    I dont have any advice for those babies.
    Just prayers that they will be all right.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS