View Poll Results: Whats your say on pigeons?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • ''Ohh there so cute I love feeding them at the park''.

16 61.54%
  • ''There just like anyother bird I dont pay any attention towards them.''

6 23.08%
  • ''They carry the Avian Flu they should be removed from citys before we all get sick''

1 3.85%
  • ''There rats with wings and I hate there poop all over my porch.''

3 11.54%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats your say on pigeons?

Whats your say on pigeons?

What do you think of our feathered nabours?

I love them although wild ones can be pesky for food sometimes.

I love pigeons i have alwas thought they made cute nosies
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I didn't vote as none of the options really apply to me.

I know this is PT and most people here love all animals but...

Personally I don't really like them, according to some national geographic show I was watching a long time ago Pigeons are one of the flithiest birds out there..they're full of different diseases. Not sure if that's true or not, but either way, pigeons do nothing for me. Sorry to those of you who love them or have them, this is just my personal opinion.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Personally i would find it extremely hard not to like any animal or bird, but there are some i am not so fond of, but i always used to dream of owning two pigeons as a child, i even had names cocoa and candy picked out, i never got them, my sister used to breed budgies instead,but i think they are pretty birds and would have to say i like them ,however they do make an awful mess, we have tons of them at our local Hospital, i always remember going for an appointment there and it was not until i left i noticed a big splat of pigeon poop on my shoulder of my jacket, i was so embarassed, to this day i still don't know if it were there when i went in or after i left, they were not my favourite birds that day i can tell ya lol. .
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I didn't vote, either, since none really applied to me.
    If we're talking about wild pigeons, then, I've never actually been around them. There are quite a few that live on a large bridge in town, but they never venture away from there.
    If we are talking about domestic pigeons, then I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutango
    I didn't vote as none of the options really apply to me.

I know this is PT and most people here love all animals but...

Personally I don't really like them, according to some national geographic show I was watching a long time ago Pigeons are one of the flithiest birds out there..they're full of different diseases. Not sure if that's true or not, but either way, pigeons do nothing for me. Sorry to those of you who love them or have them, this is just my personal opinion.
    Thats fine but just to let you know pigeons can not carry the Avian flu at all shur they can get it but they can NOT carry it to other pigeons as soon as they get it its like this.

A pigeon goes near a dead swan with the flu it catches the flu and goes back to its home with other pigeons it slaps other pigeons and pecks at them but still the other pigeons dont get the flu it sounds weird but its true.

And its not true there full of diseases either its just a fib to get rid of there poopy messes I kiss wild pigeons all the time ever since i was little and have never got sick actualy us humans can be ALOT more unclean than an average pigeon and we humans have a better chance of spreading the flu than the birds.

Yeah it's kinda like the misconception - oh skunks/bats/coons are horrible and carry rabies. There is no such thing as a carrier of rabies. Once an animal begins shedding the virus in their saliva, which means that is when it becomes contagious to other mammals, the animal will die in a matter of days. An animal does not walk around unaffected passing on the rabies virus. There are a lot of myths going around that make me want to scream. The media is the worst of the lot - giving misinformation and promoting fear and more ignorance.
    RIP: Misty - Pomeranian
    Pearl - French Bulldog

Dixie - Pug

Lola - Pit/Boxer Mix

Sugar - Cane Corso

Veera,Festus, BigMac - cats
    Zeus, Bubbles, Kruzer, Hatter - guinea pigs

Just incase pigeons are not your fav bird here read this I think its wounderful lol.
    READ THIS if your a pigeon hater might change ya.
    http://philadelphiaweekly.com/view.php?id=12080

Its also at my siggy and always should be there hey I need some baby bird info there too.
    Last edited by Argranade; 05-20-2006 at 11:30 AM.

We don't have too many here. I love watching the ones that land on my grandma's roof. There have been pigeons by her house since long before I was born. I always loved watching them stand on her roof. There are so many colours too. Autumn caught an injured racer last summer and we kept it until a guy from the local racing club came to get it. Beautiful bird. I had no problem letting Autumn pick it up to bring to me. I don't think they are any dirtier than other flock birds.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

the ones here don't get close to people, but the ones in Nashvilleswarm you sometimes. we use to have to swat them away from our business's front steps.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I've got to respond to this one!!! I LOVE Pigeons. I raised them as a kid and got introduced to them by a neighbor, who raised them and raced them. I found them to be highly intelligent, beautiful and fascinating.

They are no more dirty or disease spreading than any other flock bird (as someone has already noted). Have you ever been around a flock of geese or ducks???

Quote Originally Posted by BOBS DAD
    I've got to respond to this one!!! I LOVE Pigeons. I raised them as a kid and got introduced to them by a neighbor, who raised them and raced them. I found them to be highly intelligent, beautiful and fascinating.

They are no more dirty or disease spreading than any other flock bird (as someone has already noted). Have you ever been around a flock of geese or ducks???
    Yep racing is realy neat as long as the racer treats the losing pigeons good and not snapping there neck which some ppl do gets me pissed off so horrible and crewl.

Im around geese n ducks all the time one wild duck sits in my lap while it eats some salade lol.

I love pigeons!! as well as any other bird or animal! I dont have any around here, because i live out in the boonies. But we have mourning doves and i just love watching them!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Like I said already, I don't/didn't know whether the part of them being dirty is true or not it was just something I saw on TV one day. I've been around ducks and geese, and yes, they're also very dirty but I find them much prettier to look at than I do a pigeon. Also, I never said I absolutely hate pigeons, I just don't really like them...they just don't apeal to me at all. Everyone has their own opinions on different things. (oh, and I'm not worried about them carrying the avian flu as some of you seem to think).