Thread: What did you do when your pet died?

What did you do when your pet died?

When any of your pets died what did you do?
    For example:
    When my dog Tango died we made a little place in are back yard for us to put flowers on. I even made i sign saying Her name on it.
    When my pet Guinea pig died I drew a picture that is not all that good looking but it helped me get over his death,sort of.

Well, when my dog Missy died, we took her to my dad's house to bury her. My dad made a cross with her name on it. I mostly cried all the time after her death, I made a special place in my photo album just for her. I looked at her pictures all the time, too. She was such a great dog.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

When my dog died, I was about 10; we had the vet put her to sleep. We were not able to have her body, so I found a huge smooth rock and painted it of the little things I loved about her. Then we placed it in the garden were she used to sleep on hot days.

Since then I have only had fish died, I made a page of pictures and their behaviors and have it hanging up in my bathroom.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

When my parakeet sunny died we buried him. I took one of his feathers to the beach and threw it into the water. Now we will be getting a stone for him and I will decorate it.

When my pigeon todum got killed and only a few feathers were left i took his feathers and drew a picture of him placing his feathers in the picture.
    I also read the rainbow bridge poem i think its wounderful you can read it at the bottum of my signature.
    Heres of pic of it.

Thank you for telling me how what you did for your pets when they die.

all my past pets have been buried, most at the side of my yard, but I have some critters buried on the RCMP grounds.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

When any of my pets die we do our best to creat a memorial. For instance when my dog Zeus died we held a memorial service, the whole family came and we all shared our pictures, and stories of him. We also burried him in our backyard, and planted a dogwood tree.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

that sounds like a nise little memorail, since little ann died just 3 days ago, i just drew on a little rock that said good things about her.It is siting next to my pound were she always loved to be

i havn't had a pet die in a long time. use to when a dog died we would burry him in the backyard, but i'll probably either cremate or burry them in a pet cemetary.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

We didn't really do anything. Each of my dogs who've past away were all put to sleep and we didn't want to have them cremated or anything..

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

When my smaller pets passed on I always cried & burried them in a nice place, in the back yard. When my dog was murdered, my ex & friends burried him in a lovely field near a young tree. I then carved his name into the tree & went nuts for 3yrs.

When my Casey "Bubba Dude" died, I had him cremated and kept his ashes. They're in a beautiful wooden box made from wood found only in Hawaii (my SIL gave it to me) along with a lace hanky that a friend from PT gave me and my grandmother's Italian crystal rosary beads. Because I rent, I couldn't bury him.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

When my pets pass away I usually bury them next to the big pepper tree in the yard. When I have the time I will make them wodden crosses, but so far I have had no time, sadly. When I lived in New Hampshire I had a whole animal graveyard. Not only were there pets that I had loved, but wild animals that had passed away. Like, for example, maybe a snake that had gotten hit by a car. I think I might have buried a baby squirrel there too. I think I had 10 or 11 graves there. I loved being able to have my loved animals so close to me, but I moved and had to leave the graveyard behind. . I also have my two dogs' ashes in my bedroom. Sammy a cairn terrier and Emma a Lab x husky.

All of my pets have been burred in my back yard. I have so many back there. Not only do I have my own there, but I have other peoples pets there too, and some rescues that didn't make it.

I always cry and then to calm me down some Justin always sits and watches Father of the Bride 2 with me, it's my "happy movie".

Burried in my yard I have 2 of my cats, Scampers and Roxy. 2 birds, my first cockatiel, Sunny and Lovebird, Juliet. My ferret, Yeager. 3 mice, Sadie, Sophie, and Chip. 2 bunnies, Frosty and Carmel.

I have my friend's 18 year old poodle, Chiquita and her cat, Ashes. There are also 2 bunnies that were a friend's. I have an old coworker's cat, Midnight.
    Also burred in my yard are 3 guinea pigs that were rescues, but too far gone and didn't make it. My vet didn't give them much hope, but losing them was so hard because I nursed them day and night for 3 days before the first one passed, the other 2 died within the next day or so.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla