Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yay *Addicted I say, YES!*

Yay *Addicted I say, YES!*

Another betta for me. A female this time. She's royal blue, and her name is Ariel. We also changed TT's name to Neptune, and I need some help with Ariel's tank, and I'll post pics in a bit . We got her a critter thing, and we *THINK* It's half a gallon, but we're not sure, and I need to know for the Water conditioner...So some help would be nice! It's a small, and here's the link.
    Tank
    It's the small one, and the dimensions are 9"L x 6"W x 6.5"H
    ANY help on the tank is appreciated, and I'll get Ariel pics as soon as possible!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Wow, three already I'm assuming your mom finally gave in, lol...thats awesome.

As for not knowing the size...take a gallon jug and pour water into it and see how much it holds That would be what I would do...

But isn't 1/2 gallon a bit too small for a betta

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee
    Wow, three already I'm assuming your mom finally gave in, lol...thats awesome.

As for not knowing the size...take a gallon jug and pour water into it and see how much it holds That would be what I would do...

Yes it is, but...it's all I could afford, and her water was awful, so I rescued her.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Oh, so because you rescued her its okay to make her live in a less than perfect environment

Please don't think I'm trying to 'bash' you, because I'm really not. I just don't know how you can not afford a tank but you will be able to afford everything else that comes with a betta. I have not given in to the betta craze yet because I KNOW that I can't afford a large enough tank for my betta, the bloodworms, pellets, medication, water treatments, etc, at this time and I only want to bring a betta into my life when I can fullfill all of its needs the best that I can.

Maybe its just me...but I think that if you can't afford to/or won't give the animal a suitable life then you shouldn't rescue it in the first place...but that of course is just my own opinion.

I know this is supposed to be a happy, 'I got another betta' thread...but I needed to say that. And once again, Congrats, I can't wait for pictures.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Oh, so because you rescued her its okay to make her live in a less than perfect environment

Please don't think I'm trying to 'bash' you, because I'm really not. I just don't know how you can not afford a tank but you will be able to afford everything else that comes with a betta. I have not given in to the betta craze yet because I KNOW that I can't afford a large enough tank for my betta, the bloodworms, pellets, medication, water treatments, etc, at this time and I only want to bring a betta into my life when I can fullfill all of its needs the best that I can.

Maybe its just me...but I think that if you can't afford to/or won't give the animal a suitable life then you shouldn't rescue it in the first place...but that of course is just my own opinion.

I know this is supposed to be a happy, 'I got another betta' thread...but I needed to say that. And once again, Congrats, I can't wait for pictures.
    The tank *is* a one gallon. It's 50 times better than living in a cup. Now she has a home where she gets a nice roomy tank, and CLEAN water all to herself. She was starving, and her water was horrible in that little cup.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Ok meet Ariel!
    She is a Royal Blue VT, rescued from Petmsart. Her water was filthy, and she was starved to death. She is so freaking adorable, and she's the only one of my bettas that eats cucumber .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13
    Ok meet Ariel!
    She is a Royal Blue VT, rescued from Petmsart. Her water was filthy, and she was starved to death. She is so freaking adorable, and she's the only one of my bettas that eats cucumber .

AWWW....that's sad that she was starving and the water was horrible!! im glad she is in a safe and loving home now..she is so pretty!!! Hello Ariel!!!
    Mommy's Little Girl

Three Betas? You're going to have a lot of tank cleaning to do lol. Maybe you could save up for a filtered one with seperaters that serpreate the betas from eachother? We had one of those but the filter sucked them up My friend has the same tank you got from PetsMart and her beta is thriving. Good luck!

Yes it is, but...it's all I could afford, and her water was awful, so I rescued her.
    Good for you, that's so great you rescued her!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomer
    Three Betas? You're going to have a lot of tank cleaning to do lol. Maybe you could save up for a filtered one with seperaters that serpreate the betas from eachother? We had one of those but the filter sucked them up My friend has the same tank you got from PetsMart and her beta is thriving. Good luck!

Good for you, that's so great you rescued her!
    Haha, I think tank cleaning is pretty easy. Honestly, I dont plan on any filters or anything. Alot of bettas dont like filters, and mine are all extremely happy in their one gallons.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

No fair! D: I want a female! Ah well.... she's pretty.
    Just one word of advise, though I'm not meaning to sound horrid, but maybe you should save up plenty of money before you get another betta? I know they're addicting!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli
    No fair! D: I want a female! Ah well.... she's pretty.
    Just one word of advise, though I'm not meaning to sound horrid, but maybe you should save up plenty of money before you get another betta? I know they're addicting!
    This is the last one for a while . I'll have plenty of tank cleaning to keep me busy!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

This is the last one for a while . I'll have plenty of tank cleaning to keep me busy!
    I know how that is! I cleaned Hinge's last night, and Cadbury got messy with his food and he's getting a cleaning after supper tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli
    I know how that is! I cleaned Hinge's last night, and Cadbury got messy with his food and he's getting a cleaning after supper tonight.
    Haha. Silly Cadbury. Have you named Nameless yet?
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Congrats on the new addition! Ah.. to only have to do three WCs a week.. I'd give anything to have that again LOL.

I hope I don't get bashed for this but I just thought I'd throw this in.. I house one of my crowntail boys in a .5 gallon tank. He gets water changes regularly so ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels are never too high. Out of the 30+ bettas I've owned so far, he seems to be the healthiest and happiest. Of course, I'm not advocating that .5 gallons are ideal for all bettas but it just shows that a betta can be perfectly happy and healthy in a smaller tank.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Quote Originally Posted by binka_nugget
    Congrats on the new addition! Ah.. to only have to do three WCs a week.. I'd give anything to have that again LOL.

I hope I don't get bashed for this but I just thought I'd throw this in.. I house one of my crowntail boys in a .5 gallon tank. He gets water changes regularly so ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels are never too high. Out of the 30+ bettas I've owned so far, he seems to be the healthiest and happiest. Of course, I'm not advocating that .5 gallons are ideal for all bettas but it just shows that a betta can be perfectly happy and healthy in a smaller tank.
    Haha. Poor you xD. My 3 are all happy in their one gallons, and I'm not going to change that
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan