Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .:: Has your dog converted you? ::.

.:: Has your dog converted you? ::.

Would you get the same breed of dog again?

Some people dont understand me when I say I love my lab and Jack Russell but I wouldn't get the same breed again, I think I would prefer to go and explore with other breeds, I also dont think I could deal with the same charactaristics of the same breed when my two go, I think it would upset me quite abit.
    Does anyone else understand that or is it just me?

Are you planning on getting the same breed as you have or have had in the past?

Nope, I'm getting a mutt. A purebred MALTESE mutt that is! Of course, she'll have some other breeds in her!

Definitely. I was in love with yorkies long before I got Bailey (almost 10 years) and can't imagine my life without one know that I know these little lovers... As far as dogue's go, another resounding "Yes!" I knew nothing about the breed prior to my fiance suggesting one when we were looking for a dog, and again, now that I have one in my life, I can't see NOT having one.. Or 2 or 3

I can understand wanting to have other breeds, it's nice to get to know dogs with different charcteristics. But, I have to say, I will always have a corgi! For me corgis are the perfect fit for my personality and I think we are good for each other, but I like other breeds too. Adele is a mutt, well 1/2 greyhound and it's fun guessing what else she might be (we think JRT) and she has a unique personality, so I definately like mutts too. Maybe sometime in the future I will have another breed, though!

My mom probubly wont let us get any other dogs but Boxers But my dad really wants a Manchester Terrier... but if the question is 'WOULD you get the same breed of dog again', it's definetly a YES.

Well, I use to say I'll always have a Border Collie and nothing else.. but hey.. that would get boring! Or at least IMO.

Molly is the first second of a breed we've had in our lives.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

The only purebreds that we've had was a Dalmatian and a Beagle.I would get a Dalmatian again,maybe a Beagle.I want to stick with larger whens for a while.

i will always have a great dane if i can. if a husky is ever offerd to me chances are i'll take it. huskies grow on me more every day.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

YES! Labs are the perfect breed for me and I can't see myself not owning one!

I also hope to own another Dachshund one day, and I want many, many more mutts in my life (unfortunately won't happen until I'm out on my own - my parents want Labs and Labs only from now on.)

I do hope to experience many other breeds. A few that come to mind are Great Danes (actually this is a breed that I hope to never live without once I get the first one), Flat Coated Retrievers, Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs, Mastiffs, Collies, and Golden Retrievers (particularly a rescue senior Golden ... there's just something about "old gold" ).

I think I will get another Cocker when I'm older. I would like a Poodle, it's just I cannot keep up with their fur!! Cocker's are easier to groom because they have straighter hair. I love both my dogs breeds, though!!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

There will probably always be at least one cocker spaniel in my life, but I'd also like to explore other breeds. One of the benefits of adopting older dogs, not in a selfish way, is that you get to experience more dogs. They get a good, loving home that they deserve, but of course they aren't around as long. I personally can't resist the charm of an older dog or cat. I can't help but want to take them all home.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Don't get me wrong, I love all of my fur babies to death, but I think I would like to get a different breed next time. Of all three of our dogs, none of them have the same breeds in them, and I love that, because they all have such different personalities. I would LOVE to own a Chihuahua someday, and a great dane, or other large dog. I would take just about anything though
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

I know I will always have a husky for sure and a aussie in my family!
    Huskies have always been my favorite! I started out with one and now I have 6 of them(and have had other different ones)! .(yes I did plan for that ). And aussies are just an all around fun dog! . Someday though I would like to experience other breeds.

Always will own a Aussie and husband will always have a Border Collie never a Newf again!!! there great dogs but i dont like the mess!

I'd definitely get another husky. I like seeing all the breeds at the dogpark. Although, I wouldn't mind another rottie mix like my RB Rosie, she was such a sweetie!